Book your room at Best Western Plus The Tuscan
Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room, 2 Double Beds
Standard Room, 1 King Bed
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed with Sofabed (Premier) - saver
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Italian-themed San Francisco hotel on Fisherman's Wharf
Walk to Pier 39
Best Western Plus The Tuscan is 2 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, and the Alcatraz Island ferry.
Guests gather by the lobby fireplace for morning coffee; the hotel offers a hosted wine reception each evening. The hotel's restaurant serves regional Italian fare.
Guestroom decor includes black-and-white patterned fabrics, white pine furniture, and a floor-to-ceiling mirror behind the bed. High-speed Internet access is complimentary. Pets are welcome.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Best Western Plus The Tuscan
- The Overview
Managed by the prestigious Kimpton Group, Best Western Plus The Tuscan is adjacent to a cable-car stop and 2 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, and the Alcatraz Island ferry. North Beach, San Francisco's lively Italian neighborhood, is four blocks away.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public spaces. A computer station in the lobby provides high-speed Internet access (surcharge), and a 24-hour business center is on site. Other conveniences include room service, a concierge desk, valet parking (height restrictions apply), and discounted access to a health club 1 block away.
This is a smoke-free property; fines apply for violations of this policy.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 221
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 4
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- 24-hour business center
- Year Built 1990
- Street parking (metered)
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Complimentary reception
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- The Room
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Down comforter
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- LCD TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- The Eats
The Pescatore - Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, this Italian restaurant serves regional specialties—notably seafood, pastas, and pizzas—with daily specials. The restaurant has a nautical theme, with murals of sailors and boats, and model ships displayed throughout the dining area. Pocket doors open onto the sidewalk, where a few alfresco tables are available.
- Out and About
The hotel provides discounted access to a health club one block away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
The Fine Print for Best Western Plus The Tuscan
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- Pack your pet
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 45 per night (in/out privileges)
- In-room microwave fee: USD 20 per day
- We Should Mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.