Availability: Cartwright Hotel Union Square
Please enter your travel dates.
Traditional - Single Occupancy
Run of House (Single Occupancy)
- Single Occupancy
Traditional - Double Occupancy
San Francisco boutique hotel near Union Square
Near Union Square
A half-block from the Powell Street cable car line, and within 2 blocks of Union Square, the Cartwright Hotel Union Square is a quiet oasis on an otherwise busy block of downtown San Francisco.
Library and fireplace
Guests of the Cartwright Hotel Union Square enjoy the hotel's library, which features a cozy fireplace. Wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Guestrooms at Cartwright Hotel Union Square have flat-screen TVs and coffeemakers with organic coffee. Other amenities include upscale bath products and complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Cartwright Hotel Union Square Amenities
Though it's within 2 blocks of Union Square and 3 blocks from the theater district, Cartwright Hotel Union Square anchors a relatively quiet historic spot in the downtown corridor. A metro station and shopping district are both nearby.
The hotel's library provides a TV and a computer station with high-speed Internet access. The business center is complimentary and 2 conference rooms are available that total 1,176 square feet (109 sq. m.) A dedicated concierge desk and multilingual staff assist guests with excursions and tours. Access to an extensive health club located a block from the hotel is offered at a discounted rate. Secure parking is available both on site and nearby for additional surcharges. Both area shuttle and roundtrip airport shuttle are also available for surcharges. Cartwright Hotel Union Square is pet-friendly.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 114
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 8
- Parking (surcharge)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Computer station
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 109
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1176
- Street parking (metered)
- Secure parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- CD player
- Ceiling fan
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily housekeeping
Coffee/Tea is served in the lobby
Guests receive discounted access to a health club with an indoor pool located one block away.
Cartwright Hotel Union Square is a half-mile from Yerba Buena Gardens, which includes a historic carousel, bowling alley, ice-skating rink, and children's play area.
Nearby 18-hole golf courses include the Presidio Golf Club and the Lincoln Park Golf Course, both within five miles of the hotel.
Golden Gate Park, five miles away, has walking and running trails, a playground, gardens, and tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
Cartwright Hotel Union Square Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 50
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Caters to singles
Caters to couples
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 16.15 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: USD 29 per day (in/out privileges)
- Self parking fee for large vehicle: USD 37 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 40 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 50 per day
- Deposit: USD 50 per night
- Refrigerator fee: USD 5 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15 per night
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.