Book your room at Cartwright Hotel Union Square
Please enter your travel dates.
Traditional - Double Occupancy - Non-Refundable
Traditional - Single Occupancy - Non-Refundable
Run of House (Single Occupancy)
- Single Occupancy
San Francisco boutique hotel near Union Square
Near Union Square
A half-block from the Powell Street cable car line, and within 2 blocks of Union Square, the Cartwright Hotel Union Square is a quiet oasis on an otherwise busy block of downtown San Francisco.
Library and fireplace
Guests of the Cartwright Hotel Union Square enjoy the hotel's library, which features a cozy fireplace. Wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Guestrooms at Cartwright Hotel Union Square have flat-screen TVs and coffeemakers with organic coffee. Other amenities include upscale bath products and complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Cartwright Hotel Union Square
- At your hotel
Though it's within 2 blocks of Union Square and 3 blocks from the theater district, Cartwright Hotel Union Square anchors a relatively quiet historic spot in the downtown corridor. A metro station and shopping district are both nearby.
The hotel's library provides a TV and a computer station with high-speed Internet access. The business center is complimentary and 2 conference rooms are available that total 1,176 square feet (109 sq. m.) A dedicated concierge desk and multilingual staff assist guests with excursions and tours. Access to an extensive health club located a block from the hotel is offered at a discounted rate. Secure parking is available both on site and nearby for additional surcharges. Both area shuttle and roundtrip airport shuttle are also available for surcharges. Cartwright Hotel Union Square is pet-friendly.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 114
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 8
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Computer station
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1176
- Street parking (metered)
- Secure parking (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 109
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Stay connected
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
- Park your car
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- In your room
- Pay movies
- Ceiling fan
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily housekeeping
- Eat and drink
Coffee/Tea is served in the lobby
Guests receive discounted access to a health club with an indoor pool located one block away.
Cartwright Hotel Union Square is a half-mile from Yerba Buena Gardens, which includes a historic carousel, bowling alley, ice-skating rink, and children's play area.
Nearby 18-hole golf courses include the Presidio Golf Club and the Lincoln Park Golf Course, both within five miles of the hotel.
Golden Gate Park, five miles away, has walking and running trails, a playground, gardens, and tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Playground nearby
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for Cartwright Hotel Union Square
- When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
- When you leave
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Your furry friends
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 50
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 29 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40 per day (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: USD 50 per night
- Refrigerator fee: USD 5 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15 per night
- We Should Mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.