Upscale high-rise on San Francisco’s Union Square
Shopping, cable cars
Rising 36 stories above Union Square, this sleek, contemporary hotel is 1 block from cable cars, 3 blocks from Westfield San Francisco Centre shopping mall, and 4 blocks from the Financial District.
Views from the top
The Grand Hyatt San Francisco Union Square is home to the OneUP Restaurant & Lounge featuring local and seasonal ingredients. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel (surcharge).
Hyatt Grand Beds
Guestrooms feature Hyatt Grand Beds, including comfy Sealy Posturepedic mattresses. Floor-to-ceiling windows overlook nearby streets; higher-level rooms provide spectacular skyline views.
The Grand Hyatt San Francisco Union Square is adjacent to Union Square's famous stores, one block from cable cars, two blocks from Chinatown's main gate, and three blocks from the Westfield San Francisco Centre, anchored by Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. Historic F-line streetcars stop about three blocks from the hotel and offer fast access to the Financial District, Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf, and other key destinations.
The business center is open 24-hours a day.
The hotel's concierges are considered among the best in town; most belong to the prestigious Les Clefs d'Or organization. Business and secretarial services are also available at this pet-friendly hotel.
OneUP Restaurant showcases California cuisine in a casual atmosphere. The restaurant offers live music from Tuesday to Saturday between 7 PM - 10 PM.
Valet parking is available nearby (surcharge).
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 660
- Audiovisual equipment
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Computer station
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 36
- Valet parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shoe shine
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Technology helpdesk
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Rainfall showerhead
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Microwave (on request)
- Multi-line phone
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Turndown service (on request)
- Video-game console
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
- Water view
- City view
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
OneUP Restaurant - California cuisine in a casually elegant setting. Open daily for breakfast (buffet and à la carte), lunch, and dinner. Wide selection of domestic and international wines.
OneUP Lounge - This lounge adjacent to the restaurant is a popular choice for after-work cocktails and appetizers, luscious desserts. Open daily from late morning until late night.
Room service is available from 6 AM until midnight (hours subject to change).
Guests enjoy complimentary access to the state-of-the-art Hyatt Stay Fit Gym on the 35th floor. The gym is open 24 hours and includes cardio machines with individual TV monitors, resistance equipment, free weights, medicine balls, and refreshing peppermint-scented face towels.
For a challenging hill climb with extraordinary vistas, start at the base of Nob Hill, one block from the hotel, on the other side of Union Square. Walk up steep Powell Street and turn left onto California Street. Take a breather at Huntington Park, with its beguiling Fountain of the Tortoises.
For a change of pace, walk or jog along the waterfront Embarcadero, easily accessible via the F-line streetcar, three blocks from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests” section of “Trip Preferences” when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.86 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per stay
- Additional Details
Connecting/adjoining rooms may be available, subject to availability. Guests can request connecting/adjoining rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
Advanced Purchase Promotion
Book a stay 21 days in advance in an "Advanced Purchase" rate category for travel beginning July 27, 2011 and receive up to a 15% discount at time of booking.
All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Requires full prepayment and is non-refundable. Rate is per room, per night; based on double occupancy. Room tax not included. Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. No refunds for any unused portion of package. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice.
Bed and Breakfast for 2
Book a stay in a Bed & Breakfast for 2 rate category and receive the following:
- Breakfast for 2
All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Rate is per room per night; based on double occupancy. Room tax not included. Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. No refunds for any unused portion of package. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice.