Standard Two Double Beds
Standard One Queen Bed
Petite Room - non refundable
Premier One King Bed
Family-owned San Francisco hotel on Union Square
Close to cable cars
A half-block from cable cars, this hotel is 2 blocks from Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre; the Moscone Center and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art are 8 blocks away.
Handlery Union Square Hotel has complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, a heated outdoor pool in a garden courtyard, a sauna, and fitness center; the Daily Grill serves classic American fare, steaks, and seafood.
Located in the European-themed boutique Historic Building or modern and upscale Premier Building, nonsmoking guestrooms at Handlery have refrigerators, in-room safes, coffeemakers, and complimentary wireless internet access.
Located on Union Square, the eight-story Handlery is a half-mile from Moscone Convention Center and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Guests can enjoy an outdoor splash pool, a sauna, and on-site fitness facilities.
The lobby houses a concierge desk, business center, luggage storage, and a barbershop offering an old-fashioned cut and shave.
The business center provides high-speed Internet access, faxing, and printing (surcharges); complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 377
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 8
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Hair salon
- Free Wi-Fi
- Computer station
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- 24-hour business center
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Valet parking
- Parking nearby
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Suitable for children
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking, Parking garage, Parking nearby
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom scale
- Shower/tub combination
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Bathrobes (on request)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Ergonomic chair
- Free movie channels
- LCD TV
Daily Grill - Decor includes leather banquettes, dark woods, and white tablecloths. Offering classic American dishes such as chicken pot pie and meatloaf with mashed potatoes, as well as an assortment of steaks, chops, seafood, and pastas. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The hotel has an outdoor splash pool, sauna, and a fitness center.
The Handlery is a half-mile from Yerba Buena Gardens, which includes a historic carousel, bowling alley, ice-skating rink, and children's play area.
Nearby 18-hole golf courses include the Presidio Golf Club and the Lincoln Park Golf Course, both within five miles of the hotel.
Golden Gate Park, five miles away, has walking and running trails, a playground, gardens, and tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Playground nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests” section of “Trip Preferences” when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Please note, some room types at this property are not available when booking a stay with children.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 42.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 52.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
- Pet deposit: USD 250 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per night
- Additional Details
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.