Book your room at Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
- 1 king
Standard Room, 2 Double Beds, City View
Superior Room, 2 Double Beds
Superior Room, 1 King Bed
Historic San Francisco hotel near Union Square
Near cable car
Built in 1927, this 9-story downtown San Francisco hotel is 3 blocks from the California St cable car line, 6 blocks from Union Square, and 8 blocks from Chinatown and 9 blocks from Civic Center.
Free WiFi, wine reception
Complimentary evening wine receptions are held in Hotel Carlton's lobby nightly. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout.
All 161 non-smoking guestrooms at Hotel Carlton feature Tibetan mountain-themed art, hand-painted Moroccan tables, ceiling fans, and marble-top desks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
- The Overview
This San Francisco hotel offers a 24-hour business center, meeting rooms, and complimentary wireless Internet access throughout. A complimentary wine reception is held nightly in the lobby amid the hotel's collection of international art and artifacts, which showcase cross-cultural design from Africa, India, Nepal and Asia.
The sleek Arabic-fusion restaurant, Saha, serves breakfast on weekends, and dinner Tuesday through Saturday. Guests receive discounted access to a nearby fitness center. Valet parking is available 6 AM-midnight.
- Concierge services
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 161
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 9
- Medical assistance available
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1927
- Smoke-free property
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 70
- Complimentary reception
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 750
- Street parking (metered)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- The Room
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- The Eats
Saha - This Middle Eastern-style restaurant serves Arabic-fusion cuisine in a sleek space with dark-wood floors, bright red-lacquer seats, and red-leather upholstery. House specialties include Saha's own red curry served with stuffed acorn squash and tofu, classic Moroccan couscous, and lamb tagine with prunes and almonds. Open for brunch Saturdays 9 AM to 12 PM, Sunday 9 AM to 2 PM. Open for dinner Tuesday to Saturday, 6 PM to 10:30 PM.
- Out and About
The hotel does not have its own fitness facilities, but guests receive discounted access to a fitness center three blocks away.
Public 18-hole golf courses within five miles of the hotel include the Presidio Golf Club and the Lincoln Park Golf Course. Three miles away, Golden Gate Park has walking and running trails, a children's playground, gardens, and tennis courts. Ocean beaches, including Seal Rock, are five miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The Fine Print for Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International
- Pack your pet
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- A pet fee will be charged
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- We Should Mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in LEED Gold, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.