Please enter your travel dates.
Historic San Francisco hotel near Union Square
Near cable car
Built in 1927, this 9-story downtown San Francisco hotel is 3 blocks from the California St cable car line, 6 blocks from Union Square, and 8 blocks from Chinatown and 9 blocks from Civic Center.
Free WiFi, wine reception
Complimentary evening wine receptions are held in Hotel Carlton's lobby nightly. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout.
All 161 non-smoking guestrooms at Hotel Carlton feature Tibetan mountain-themed art, hand-painted Moroccan tables, ceiling fans, and marble-top desks.
This San Francisco hotel offers a 24-hour business center, meeting rooms, and complimentary wireless Internet access throughout. A complimentary wine reception is held nightly in the lobby amid the hotel's collection of international art and artifacts, which showcase cross-cultural design from Africa, India, Nepal and Asia.
The sleek Arabic-fusion restaurant, Saha, serves breakfast daily, and dinner Tuesday through Saturday. Room service is also available. Guests receive discounted access to a nearby fitness center. An airport shuttle can be arranged with advance notice (surcharge). Valet parking is available 6 AM-midnight.
- Concierge services
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 161
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 9
- Medical assistance available
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1927
- Smoke-free property
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Luggage storage
- Room service
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 750
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 70
- Complimentary reception
- Street parking (metered)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Cable TV service
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- iPod docking station
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
Saha - This Middle Eastern-style restaurant serves Arabic-fusion cuisine in a sleek space with dark-wood floors, bright red-lacquer seats, and red-leather upholstery. House specialties include Saha's own red curry served with stuffed acorn squash and tofu, classic Moroccan couscous, and lamb tagine with prunes and almonds. Open for breakfast, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
The hotel does not have its own fitness facilities, but guests receive discounted access to a fitness center three blocks away.
Public 18-hole golf courses within five miles of the hotel include the Presidio Golf Club and the Lincoln Park Golf Course. Three miles away, Golden Gate Park has walking and running trails, a children's playground, gardens, and tennis courts. Ocean beaches, including Seal Rock, are five miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club, Discover
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 41 per day (in/out privileges)
- A pet fee will be charged
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in LEED Gold, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.