Please enter your travel dates.
Queen Deluxe & Hosted Wine Reception
Double Double Deluxe & Wine Reception
King Deluxe & Hosted Wine Reception
Deluxe Two Double Beds Accessible
- Two Double Beds
Beaux-Arts beauty near San Francisco’s Union Square
The center of it all
The eclectically decorated Hotel Monaco, a 1910 Beaux Arts building, is within 2 blocks of Union Square and the Curran and ACT theaters. Moscone Convention Center is within a few blocks of the hotel.
Warm and wireless
A two-story fireplace greets guests at this seven-story downtown San Francisco hotel, which has an on-site business center, fitness center, and complimentary wireless Internet in public spaces.
The 201 guestrooms at Hotel Monaco have pillowtop mattresses, down pillows, Italian Frette linens, animal-print bathrobes, marble bathrooms, and wireless Internet access.
The smoke-free Hotel Monaco offers a brasserie-style, fine-dining restaurant and bar, and also hosts a daily wine reception.
Business travelers can appreciate the on-site 24-hour business center, 7,000 square feet of meeting space, complimentary Town Car service to the business district, and complimentary wireless Internet access that is available in public spaces. Guests can also enjoy concierge services and 24-hour room service.
The hotel's spa, Spa at Hotel Monaco, offers massages, facials, body wraps, nail care, sauna, and a spa tub.
- Technology helpdesk
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Parking garage
- Secure parking
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 201
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Multilingual staff
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 7
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service health spa
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Street parking (metered)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 650
- Complimentary reception
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 7000
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- CD player
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Ergonomic chair
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Daily housekeeping
- LCD TV
- Frette Italian sheets
Grand Café - Guests enjoy preferred seating at this French brasserie-style restaurant reminiscent of a Parisian railway station circa 1929. Décor includes travel posters, soaring ceilings, arched windows, glowing chandeliers, and original sculptures. Contemporary seasonal cuisine and American favorites available daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Specialties include grilled “hanger” steak with roasted shallots and Sonoma duck breast with Yukon Gold potatoes. Fresh seafood daily, including clams, mussels, periwinkles, and oysters.
Petite Café and Bar - Occupying the front side of the hotel, this popular bistro bar serves French favorites such as Salade Lyonnaise and a classic cheese omelet until late evening on weekends. Sophisticated cocktails–there are five kinds of Manhattans–compliment after-theater socializing.
Hotel Monaco has a fitness center with three exercise bikes, three stair machines, and two treadmills, as well as a selection of free weights and strength-training equipment. The hotel offers an in-room yoga channel, and guests can enjoy complimentary use of yoga mats in their rooms.
Several public-play golf courses in San Francisco include the Presidio Golf Club (four miles), and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Early departure fee charged
Caters to families
Caters to groups
No rollaway/extra beds available
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: USD 5.95 (for 15 minutes, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 52 per day
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 67 per day
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Groen Nogle (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.