Availability: Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel
Monte Carlo Suite & Hosted Wine ReceptMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children)
Room, 1 Queen BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Queen Deluxe & Hosted Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
King Deluxe & Hosted Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Double Double Deluxe & Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Junior Suite, One King and One Sofa BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Junior Suite & Hosted Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Mediterranean Suite &Hosted Wine RecepMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe Two Double Beds AccessibleMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Deluxe Suite & Hosted Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child)
Beaux-Arts beauty near San Francisco’s Union Square
The center of it all
The eclectically decorated Hotel Monaco, a 1910 Beaux Arts building, is within 2 blocks of Union Square and the Curran and ACT theaters. Moscone Convention Center is within a few blocks of the hotel.
Warm and wireless
A two-story fireplace greets guests at this seven-story downtown San Francisco hotel, which has an on-site business center, fitness center, and complimentary wireless Internet in public spaces.
The 201 guestrooms at Hotel Monaco have pillowtop mattresses, down pillows, Italian Frette linens, animal-print bathrobes, marble bathrooms, and wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities will be closed from 30 July 2014 to 31 October 2014 (dates subject to change):
- Dining venue
Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel Amenities
The smoke-free Hotel Monaco offers a brasserie-style, fine-dining restaurant and bar, and also hosts a daily wine reception.
Business travelers can appreciate the on-site 24-hour business center, 7,000 square feet of meeting space, complimentary Town Car service to the business district, and complimentary wireless Internet access that is available in public spaces. Guests can also enjoy concierge services and 24-hour room service.
The hotel's spa, Spa at Hotel Monaco, offers massages, facials, body wraps, nail care, sauna, and a spa tub.
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Conference space
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 201
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Number of floors - 7
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space size (meters) - 650
- Complimentary reception
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 7000
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
Grand Café - Guests enjoy preferred seating at this French brasserie-style restaurant reminiscent of a Parisian railway station circa 1929. Décor includes travel posters, soaring ceilings, arched windows, glowing chandeliers, and original sculptures. Contemporary seasonal cuisine and American favorites available daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Specialties include grilled “hanger” steak with roasted shallots and Sonoma duck breast with Yukon Gold potatoes. Fresh seafood daily, including clams, mussels, periwinkles, and oysters.
Petite Café and Bar - Occupying the front side of the hotel, this popular bistro bar serves French favorites such as Salade Lyonnaise and a classic cheese omelet until late evening on weekends. Sophisticated cocktails–there are five kinds of Manhattans–compliment after-theater socializing.
Hotel Monaco has a fitness center with three exercise bikes, three stair machines, and two treadmills, as well as a selection of free weights and strength-training equipment. The hotel offers an in-room yoga channel, and guests can enjoy complimentary use of yoga mats in their rooms.
Several public-play golf courses in San Francisco include the Presidio Golf Club (four miles), and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Facial treatments
- In-room accessibility
Hotel Monaco San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 52 per day
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Groen Nogle (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.