Please enter your travel dates.
Boutique hotel in the heart of San Francisco
Downtown all around
This downtown SoMa area Art Deco hotel nestles in the heart of San Francisco near Union Square, adjacent to the Westfield San Francisco Centre, Moscone Convention Center, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
A taste of France
Hotel Palomar hosts an evening wine reception. The hotel is home to the celebrated Fifth Floor restaurant, specializing in French cuisine.
Guestrooms at Hotel Palomar have Frette Italian linens, custom furnishings, alligator-print carpets, CD players, and granite bathrooms.
The Hotel Palomar San Francisco offers guests a secluded retreat five floors above the street in a historic nine-story building. Guests enjoy complimentary high-speed wired/wireless Internet in public spaces and Town Car limo services is available.
The renowned hotel restaurant with French flair serves a varied menu with a wide list of international wines. The fifth-floor Living Room lounge is a good place to conduct a quiet meeting or enjoy a drink. A complimentary wine reception is hosted each evening. Room service is available during limited hours.
The hotel has a 24-hour fitness facility, and in-room spa services (reservations required) are available on site. Guests may also use a nearby health club (surcharge). Staff provide concierge services and 24-hour business center has 3,000 square feet of space with four meeting rooms and multiple large conference rooms, audio-visual equipment and technology help desk. There is also event catering and banquet services, concierge service and tour service and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Valet parking is available for a surcharge. Smoke-free property.
- Spa services on site
- Concierge services
- Technology helpdesk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Parking garage
- Secure parking
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 195
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Express check-in
- Medical assistance available
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Dial-up Internet access - complimentary
- Room service (24 hours)
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 3000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 279
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 4
- Smoke-free property
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- CD player
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Multi-line phone
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Bathroom phone
- Hair dryer
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Hotel Palomar San Francisco’s acclaimed Fifth Floor Restaurant and Lounge is renowned for its fresh, savory modern American cuisine with a classic French twist employed by culinary star David Bazirgan, voted hottest chef in America by Eater.com, receiving a rave review by the San Francisco Chronicle in March 2011. All menu items are fresh from a farmer’s market. Accompanying the excellent fare is a reputable wine list, recipient of the Grand Award from Wine Spectator. The restaurant’s executive pastry chef Francis Ang finds inspiration from his travels throughout Asia to create desserts such as rum baba with pineapple three ways; kaffir leaf-coconut sorbet, basil seeds; and chocolate mousse bombe with orange cream, hazelnut crunch, mandarins, and hazelnut ice cream. The restaurant also presents an array of handcrafted, creative cocktails using the finest liquors and freshest ingredients.
The Palomar's 24-hour fitness facility has a treadmill, an exercise bike, free weights, and a weight machine. Guests can use a nearby fitness center with a swimming pool and a range of cardio and weight machines (surcharge). Guests may enjoy eco-friendly spa services (reservations required) in their guestrooms: soothing massages, body treatments and facials with natural, organic products. The hotel has two specialty in-room television stations-a meditation channel and a yoga channel-and yoga mats, blocks, and straps are available for complimentary in-room use.
The hotel is one block from Yerba Buena Gardens, which has a children's playground, an indoor ice-skating rink, and an antique carousel. Several public golf courses in San Francisco are nearby, including the Presidio Golf Club (four miles from the hotel) and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles). Bike rentals can be arranged. The Embarcadero, one mile from the hotel, is popular with joggers. Many visitors to San Francisco walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, five miles from the hotel. Parking is available at both ends of the bridge.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Playground nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 48.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.00 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.