Book your room at Hotel Whitcomb
Please enter your travel dates.
Standard, One Queen Bed
Standard Double Room, 2 Double Beds
Superior, One Queen Bed - _On Superior Floor
Standard, One King Bed
Venerable San Francisco landmark near Union Square
On hip theater row
Located in the San Francisco theater district with a BART and MUNI station at its entrance, this downtown hotel is 6 blocks from Union Square and within a mile of Moscone Center and SFMOMA.
Built in 1910, Hotel Whitcomb, A Historic Hotel of America, has an opulent lobby with marble columns, Austrian chandeliers, and Janesero paneling; an intimate bar features a Tiffany stained-glass ceiling.
Air-conditioned guestrooms and parlor suites at The Whitcomb have high ceilings, downtown views, well-lit desks, phones with voice mail, and complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
With a BART and MUNI station at its entrance and a cable-car stop within 4 blocks, Hotel Whitcomb, A Historic Hotel of America, is across from the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium and the Orpheum Theatre. Union Square shops and restaurants are 6 blocks away.
Popular with theatergoers, the Market Street Grill has a changing menu with an emphasis on steak and seafood. The small, adjacent bar has a lovely Tiffany ceiling. A Starbucks kiosk in the lobby is open 24 hours on weekends.
Meeting and event space includes a ballroom for 400 guests, and a business center provides high-speed Internet access and other services (surcharge). Valet parking (surcharge) is available on site.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 460
- Number of floors - 6
- Audiovisual equipment
- Year Built 1910
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 585
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 8
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 6,300
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- In the room
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Private bathroom
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Eat and drink
Market Street Grill - Lobby restaurant with large fireplace, white tablecloths, steak and seafood specialties. Menu changes with each Broadway-style show at the nearby Orpheum Theatre. Adjacent bar features Tiffany stained-glass ceiling. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served. Bar open from early evening to late evening.
Starbucks - Lobby kiosk serving coffee drinks and pastries. Open from early morning to late evening, 24 hours on Friday and Saturday.
Overlooking Market Street, the fitness center provides treadmills, stationary bikes, a stair machine, and strength-training equipment.
Jogging, cycling, and rollerblading are popular along the Embarcadero, 1.5 miles away. The hotel is a mile from Yerba Buena Gardens, which includes a historic carousel, bowling alley, ice-skating rink, and children's play area.
Four miles away, the Presidio Golf Course is a public 18-hole course deep inside the city's verdant park near the Golden Gate Bridge. Golden Gate Park has walking and running trails, a playground, gardens, and tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The Fine Print for Hotel Whitcomb
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 35.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 50.00
- Deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
- We Should Mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in LEED Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.