Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Twin Room, 2 Single Beds
Standard Room, 1 King Bed
Downtown San Francisco boutique hotel, circa 1914
Close to cable car
This San Francisco boutique hotel, built in 1914, is within 2 blocks of Union Square and a cable car stop, and within a block of the ACT and Curran theaters.
Wine and Wi-Fi
The King George Hotel's lounge features beer and wine served in the evening. A 24-hour business center offers high-speed Internet access, and complimentary printing; complimentary wireless access is available in all public areas.
Guestrooms at King George Hotel offer complimentary wireless Internet access, a well-stocked candy jar, in-room coffeemakers with coffee, and 24-hour room service from the diner next door.
This Union Square hotel is within a half-block of Curran Theatre and American Conservatory Theater, six blocks from Moscone Convention Center, and seven blocks from the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
The King George Hotel's lounge features beer and wine served in the evening.
A 24-hour business center offers high-speed Internet access (surcharge) and complimentary printing; complimentary wireless access is available in all public areas and a computer station is provided. Use of a nearby health club is offered at a discounted rate.
- Concierge desk
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 153
- Number of floors - 9
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1912
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Multilingual staff
- Audiovisual equipment
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 51
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Express check-out
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 550
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Cable TV service
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Premium bedding
- Direct-dial phone
- Refrigerator (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Flat-panel TV
- Pillowtop mattress
Winston's Bar and Lounge - Open nightly at 5 PM, offering wine and beer selections for purchase.
The hotel does not have its own full-service restaurant, but numerous dining options are in the surrounding area.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Caters to families
Caters to groups
Caters to couples
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: USD 33 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 50.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 10 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.