Availability: King George Hotel - Union Square
Standard Room, 1 Queen BedMax Occupancy: 2 adults, 1 child
Twin Room, 2 Single BedsMax Occupancy: 2 adults, 1 child
Standard Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 adults, 1 child
Downtown San Francisco boutique hotel, circa 1914
Close to cable car
This San Francisco boutique hotel, built in 1914, is within 2 blocks of Union Square and a cable car stop, and within a block of the ACT and Curran theaters.
Wine and Wi-Fi
The King George Hotel's lounge features beer and wine served in the evening. A 24-hour business center offers high-speed Internet access, and complimentary printing; complimentary wireless access is available in all public areas.
Guestrooms at King George Hotel offer complimentary wireless Internet access, a well-stocked candy jar, in-room coffeemakers with coffee, and 24-hour room service from the diner next door.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
King George Hotel - Union Square Amenities
This Union Square hotel is within a half-block of Curran Theatre and American Conservatory Theater, six blocks from Moscone Convention Center, and seven blocks from the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
The King George Hotel's lounge features beer and wine served in the evening.
A 24-hour business center offers high-speed Internet access (surcharge) and complimentary printing; complimentary wireless access is available in all public areas and a computer station is provided. Use of a nearby health club is offered at a discounted rate.
- Concierge desk
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 153
- Number of floors - 9
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1912
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Multilingual staff
- Audiovisual equipment
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 51
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Express check-out
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 550
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Premium bedding
- Direct-dial phone
- Refrigerator (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
Winston's Bar and Lounge - Open nightly at 5 PM, offering wine and beer selections for purchase.
The hotel does not have its own full-service restaurant, but numerous dining options are in the surrounding area.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
King George Hotel - Union Square Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 33 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 10 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.