Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 King Bed
Standard Double Room, 2 Double Beds
Superior Room, 1 King Bed, City View
- One King Bed
Superior Double Room, 2 Double Beds, City View
- Two Double Beds
Eco-friendly hotel next to San Francisco's Chinatown
Union Square: 2 blocks
Freshly opened in 2006, the Orchard Garden Hotel is right next to San Francisco's Chinatown Gate, about a block from the Financial District, and 2 blocks from Union Square's world-class shopping.
Complimentary perks include weekday transportation to San Francisco's Financial District and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. Local organic ingredients highlight the menu at Roots Restaurant.
Pillowtop mattresses, Egyptian-cotton linens, and down duvets encourage restful sleep. Rooms at Orchard Garden also feature HDTVs, DVD players, iPod docking stations, plush bathrobes, and EO products.
"Green" and immaculately clean, the Orchard Garden Hotel offers a central location next to the Chinatown Gate, one block from the Financial District, 2 blocks from Union Square, and 3 blocks from a cable-car stop. Fisherman's Wharf, about 1.75 miles away, is easily reached via bus, cable car, or streetcar.
The 24-hour business center includes 2 computers with complimentary wireless Internet access and a printer. A small fitness center, also open 24 hours, has cardio machines and a wall-mounted LCD TV, and special rates are available at a nearby fitness center.
The hotel offers complimentary transportation to the Financial District weekday mornings.
Valet parking with in/out privileges is available (surcharge). A private garage across the street provides self parking (surcharge).
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 10
- Total number of rooms - 86
- Parking garage
- Rooftop terrace
- Room service (limited hours)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Video library
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- DVD player
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- CD player
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Multi-line phone
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Sewing kit
- Shower/tub combination
- Private bathroom
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Free Wi-Fi
Roots Restaurant - SF Weekly Winner for Best Organic Restaurant, this Michelin-rated restaurant offers California cuisine with an Asian Flair. Locally-sourced and seasonally-driven menu items may include: Chinese 5 Spice Short Ribs, Local Caught Salmon in a Ginger-Green Onion sauce, and a Japanese Cesar Salad. Open for breakfast, cocktails, and dinner daily. Atmosphere is California causal with an open flow design.
A compact fitness center, open 24 hours, contains an elliptical machine, treadmill, exercise bike, water cooler, and wall-mounted flat-panel TV.
The Orchard Garden Hotel offers discounted access to a health club about 3 blocks away.
For a scenic waterfront walk or run, guests can head to the Embarcadero, a half-mile from the hotel, and proceed north along the San Francisco Bay toward Fisherman's Wharf.
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Boating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Early departure fee charged
Caters to families
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 14 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 65 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night (for stays between 1 January - 31 December)
- Breakage deposit: USD 500.00 per day
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Additional Details
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in LEED Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.