Book your room at Orchard Garden Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Eco-friendly hotel next to San Francisco's Chinatown
Union Square: 2 blocks
Freshly opened in 2006, the Orchard Garden Hotel is right next to San Francisco's Chinatown Gate, about a block from the Financial District, and 2 blocks from Union Square's world-class shopping.
Complimentary perks include weekday transportation to San Francisco's Financial District and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. Local organic ingredients highlight the menu at Roots Restaurant.
Pillowtop mattresses, Egyptian-cotton linens, and down duvets encourage restful sleep. Rooms at Orchard Garden also feature HDTVs, DVD players, iPod docking stations, plush bathrobes, and EO products.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Orchard Garden Hotel
- At your hotel
"Green" and immaculately clean, the Orchard Garden Hotel offers a central location next to the Chinatown Gate, one block from the Financial District, 2 blocks from Union Square, and 3 blocks from a cable-car stop. Fisherman's Wharf, about 1.75 miles away, is easily reached via bus, cable car, or streetcar.
The 24-hour business center includes 2 computers with complimentary wireless Internet access and a printer. A small fitness center, also open 24 hours, has cardio machines and a wall-mounted LCD TV, and special rates are available at a nearby fitness center.
The hotel offers complimentary transportation to the Financial District weekday mornings.
Valet parking with in/out privileges is available (surcharge). A private garage across the street provides self parking (surcharge).
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 10
- Total number of rooms - 86
- Parking garage
- Rooftop terrace
- Room service (limited hours)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Video library
- Free Wi-Fi
- Stay connected
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Park your car
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- In your room
- Air conditioning
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- DVD player
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Shower/tub combination
- Private bathroom
- Turndown service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Eat and drink
Roots Restaurant - SF Weekly Winner for Best Organic Restaurant, this Michelin-rated restaurant offers California cuisine with an Asian Flair. Locally-sourced and seasonally-driven menu items may include: Chinese 5 Spice Short Ribs, Local Caught Salmon in a Ginger-Green Onion sauce, and a Japanese Cesar Salad. Open for breakfast, cocktails, and dinner daily. Atmosphere is California causal with an open flow design.
A compact fitness center, open 24 hours, contains an elliptical machine, treadmill, exercise bike, water cooler, and wall-mounted flat-panel TV.
The Orchard Garden Hotel offers discounted access to a health club about 3 blocks away.
For a scenic waterfront walk or run, guests can head to the Embarcadero, a half-mile from the hotel, and proceed north along the San Francisco Bay toward Fisherman's Wharf.
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Boating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
- Roll-in shower
The Fine Print for Orchard Garden Hotel
- When you arrive
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- When you leave
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 14 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40 per day (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night (for stays between 1 January - 31 December)
- Breakage deposit: USD 500.00 per day
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- We Should Mention
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in LEED Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.