Book your room at Serrano Hotel
Spanish-Moroccan style in downtown San Francisco
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
The Serrano Hotel is steps away from Union Square, perfectly positioned in the Theater District of San Francisco, 2 blocks from the Powell Street cable car.
The 17-story Spanish-Moroccan style Serrano dating from 1928 offers an evening wine reception, 24-hour business and fitness centers, and stylish Jasper's Corner Tap restaurant and bar.
Serrano's guestrooms, dressed in crimson and gold with Moroccan accents, have triple-sheeted beds, iPod-docking stations, high ceilings, window seats, and high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
At your hotel
This hotel has a restaurant and bar, and also offers complimentary coffee/tea service in the mornings, as well as a weekday Town Car service to the Financial District. Take a short stroll to Union Square to enjoy world-class shops such as Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue. In Union Square, dine at some of the city’s best casual and upscale restaurants. Just a six-minute walk away, hop aboard one of San Francisco’s famous cable cars or experience the sophistication of the theater scene. When it’s time to return to home base, Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen is the ideal place for a drink and delicious bite to eat. A metro station is located nearby.
The Serrano has a 3,000 square feet meeting facilities, 24-hour business center with two computer workstations and provides complimentary wireless Internet access, which is also available throughout the property. 24-hour fitness facilities and a steam room are also on site. Concierge services and room service (limited hours) are available, and guests can borrow from a library of 50 board games and puzzles. Guests will also find an ATM banking service onsite and luggage storage.
This property is smoke-free.
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Airport transportation - drop-off (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms
- Conference space
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 236
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Number of floors - 17
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 3000
- Conference space size (meters) - 279
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Steam room
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Park your car
Valet parking (surcharge)
In your room
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Eat and drink
Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen - named for the man who largely built this beautiful city, Jasper's is open every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks. The bar features 18 beers on tap, a wide variety of fun cocktails, personable service, and delicious casual food. Jasper's is a proud recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013.
A 24-hour accessible fitness center is equipped with two exercise bikes, two treadmills, two cross-trainers, and a steam room. Guests can also borrow from a library of 50 games and puzzles.
Several public-play golf courses in San Francisco include the Presidio Golf Club (four miles), and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles). Complimentary bicycles are also available onsite.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
The fine print for Serrano Hotel
When you arrive
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
When you leave
Check-out time is noon
How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Resort fee: USD 20.00 per accommodation, per night
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Shuttle service
- Bicycle storage
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- In-room safe
- Concierge/valet service
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 16 per person (one way)
- Valet parking fee: USD 52.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per stay
- Pet deposit: USD 50 per stay
- Deposit: USD 50 per night
We should mention
Children 13 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.