Availability: Sir Francis Drake, a Kimpton Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
One Queen Bed Non-Smoking Accessible
- One Queen Bed
Classic Two Double
Historic hotel near San Francisco's Union Square
Near shops, theaters
Newly renovated in September 2011, this 1928 hotel is a half-block from San Francisco's Union Square, 3 blocks from the theater district, and a half-mile from the Financial District and Moscone Center.
Doorstaff in Beefeater regalia greet guests at the 21-story Sir Francis Drake Hotel, home of the trendy Scala's Bistro and the famous Starlight Room nightclub overlooking San Francisco.
Guestrooms at Sir Francis Drake Hotel feature slim dressers; large, leaning mirrors; and jewel-tone colored fabrics. Wireless Internet access is available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Sir Francis Drake, a Kimpton Hotel Amenities
Newly renovated in September 2011, the pet-friendly Sir Francis Drake Hotel has a rooftop nightclub and a fine-dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. A street-level Starbucks offers coffee drinks and snacks. There is a fitness center on site.
Business travelers can take advantage of the property's 24-hour business center. The property also offers 11 conference rooms onsite, encompassing 16,000 of square feet of meeting space. Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available. Staff provide complimentary business services, including faxing and photocopying.
On Sundays, the hotel's The Starlight Room offers a classic brunch with attitude. Brunch features Sunday's a Drag, a live show starring Donna Sachet. Reservations are required.
The property offers valet parking for an additional surcharge. ATM banking is available onsite. Luggage storage is available.
This is a smoke-free property. Fines apply for violations.
- Technology helpdesk
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Secure parking
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 416
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Express check-in
- Number of floors - 21
- Shopping on site
- Medical assistance available
- Tour assistance
- Babysitting or childcare
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1928
- Wedding services
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1486
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 11
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 16,000
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Pool table
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Multi-line phone
- Direct-dial phone
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Clock radio
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cordless phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- In-room massage available
- Down blanket
- iPod docking station
- Ergonomic chair
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Down comforter
Scala's Bistro - Popular Mediterranean bistro specializing in French/Italian cuisine. Multi-level Parisian-bistro ambiance and picture-window views of Powell Street's pedestrian action and famous street cars. Locals and visitors return for paper-thin carpaccio, mussels and pommes frites, boeuf bourguignon, seared salmon fillet, pan-roasted monkfish, pizza, and pasta. Extensive wine and cocktail menu. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails daily.
The Starlight Room - Dancing, cocktails, and panoramic city views from penthouse-level nightclub with a 1930s flair on the 21st floor. Live bands four nights a week; light menu. Happy Hour on weekdays from 6 PM to 7 PM. Brunch on Sundays with live entertainment. Guests sometimes spot celebrities and sports stars. Open nightly.
Starbucks - Street-level. Coffee drinks and snacks.
On Sunday's, the hotel's The Starlight Room offers a classic brunch with attitude. Brunch features Sunday's a Drag, a live show starring Donna Sachet. Reservations are required.
The hotel is five blocks from Yerba Buena Gardens, location of expansive public gardens, a children's playground, a year-round ice-skating rink, and an antique carousel. Three of San Francisco's public-play golf courses are nearby: Presidio Golf Club (four miles); Harding Park (six miles); and the Lincoln Park Golf Course (six miles). The waterfront Embarcadero, one mile from the hotel, is popular for jogging.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Relax and rejuvenate with eco-friendly spa services offered directly in the guest rooms of the Sir Francis Drake. The customized treatment menu incorporates wild-crafted, natural and organic ingredients, all devoted to working in harmony with the environment while nourishing your skin and senses. Enjoy a rejuvenating massage, luxurious body treatment or soothing facial in the privacy of your guestroom.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Sir Francis Drake, a Kimpton Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 60 per night (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.