Availability: Sofitel San Francisco Bay
Full-service Redwood City hotel with complimentary airport shuttle for BART transfer /paid parking
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia+ rewards +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Set along a tranquil lagoon, this contemporary resort-style hotel is 11 miles south of San Francisco International Airport and an equidistant 25 miles from San Francisco and San Jose.
Sofitel San Francisco Bay's contemporary-style lobby features an Internet bar, a French gourmet bakery, and a gift shop; the seasonal outdoor pool and indoor fitness center share lagoon views. Guest parking is available.
The 421 guestrooms at this Sofitel hotel feature L'Occitane toiletries, flat-screen TVs, and wireless Internet access.
Sofitel San Francisco Bay Amenities
The lobby of Sofitel San Francisco Bay features white-marble registration and concierge desks; cascading, sheer window treatments; and a contemporary crystal chandelier. The lobby houses a café, bar, and restaurant. The hotel also offers a seasonal outdoor pool with a patio and an adjacent fitness center, both with views of the lagoon. The on-site gift shop offers French-themed books, food items, and sundries. L'Occitane toiletries, the same brand found in the guestrooms, are also available.
The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service from/to San Francisco International Airport and from BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit), everyday from 7 AM to 11 PM.
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 421
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Designated smoking areas
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 7
- Room service (limited hours)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 1579
- Number of meeting rooms - 15
- Year Built 1987
- Conference space size (feet) - 17000
- Pool sun loungers
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
- 24-hour business center
- Outdoor seasonal pool
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room massage available
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Bay 223 - Serves Bay Area French cuisine in a casual atmosphere overlooking the lagoon. Themed menus and customized children's cuisine are available. An outdoor terrace is on site. Open from early morning to late evening daily.
Bay Bar - Adjoins the Bay 223 restaurant, overlooking the pool and lagoon. Features signature cocktails and an extensive bar menu. Open afternoons and evenings.
Le Market - Small café with glass display unit. Sandwiches and pastries made on site. Open from 6 AM to 10:30 PM daily.
The hotel offers a seasonal outdoor pool and patio area. Inside, the fitness center is equipped with cardio machines and free weights. Complimentary towels are also provided.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Sofitel San Francisco Bay Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Only dogs and cats are allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 21 years old.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 18 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 20 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 250 per stay
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 3 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.