Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
Deluxe Double Room, 2 Double Beds
California Room - One King
Campton Suite, Suite, 1 Bedroom
San Francisco boutique hotel, Union Square locale
Cable car: 1 block
Offering a refined residential ambience, this boutique hotel is at the edge of San Francisco's Union Square, 1 block from the cable car, 4 blocks from the Theater District, and 6 blocks from Nob Hill.
Taj Campton Place's award-winning restaurant features local ingredients and seasonal menus. The fitness center overlooks Union Square.
Guestrooms at Taj Campton Place feature featherbeds, and down duvets and pillows. Bose CD players are bedside. Limestone-tiled bathrooms include Molton Brown toiletries.
This downtown San Francisco hotel adjoins Union Square, with fashionable stores such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gump's, and Tiffany & Co. within 3 blocks. A cable-car stop is a block away, and the Theater District, Financial District, and Nob Hill are within a half-mile.
The hotel's fitness center rests on the ninth floor, overlooking Union Square and the surrounding neighborhood. Additional amenities include 24-hour room service; 4 large conference rooms (a total of 1,900 square feet in meeting space); and event catering. The hotel welcomes pets for a surcharge. Taj Campton Place is a smoke-free property.
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 110
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 15
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Business services
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 177
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 4
- Year Built 1981
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1900
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Tour assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- CD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Complimentary bottled water
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Sewing kit
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Cribs/infant beds available
Taj Campton Place Restaurant - French-inspired contemporary fare with a focus on fresh local foods. Seasonal Californian cuisine menus, with Mediterranean and spice route inspirations. The restaurant has a 1500-bottle wine list selected by a master sommelier. Refined setting with colorful collages by local artist; suspended, sculpted glass lamp evoking a giant orchid; and cream, gold, and chocolate-brown tones. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch. Tasting menus. The Taj Campton Place Restaurant was honored with One Star in the Michelin Guide 2013.
Taj Campton Place Bar - Club-like room outfitted with deep-auburn madrona wood and caramel-colored leather. Traditional and specialty cocktails, fine wines by the glass. Cocktail and wine service to late night. Bistro menu from late morning till late evening.
Overlooking Union Square and the surrounding neighborhood, the ninth-floor fitness center offers cardio machines, weight equipment, a TV, and complimentary water, fruit, and towel service.
One of the best ways to get an invigorating workout is simply by exploring this hilly city on foot. Nob Hill, Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, and other neighborhoods offer steep sidewalks and stairways, intriguing historic buildings, and stellar views. The colorful, raucous birds made famous in the movie The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill can sometimes be seen—and heard—in the trees along the Filbert Steps and the Greenwich Steps on the eastern face of Telegraph Hill. Other top choices for walking and running include the Embarcadero, Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Ice skating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bird watching nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 15
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Early departure fee charged
Caters to couples
Caters to groups
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.50 (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.50 (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 60 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Taj Campton Place is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.