Availability: Taj Campton Place
Campton SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Executive SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Luxury Suite, 1 BedroomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
California RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Deluxe Room, AccessibleMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
San Francisco boutique hotel, Union Square locale
Cable car: 1 block
Offering a refined residential ambience, this boutique hotel is at the edge of San Francisco's Union Square, 1 block from the cable car, 4 blocks from the Theater District, and 6 blocks from Nob Hill.
Taj Campton Place's award-winning restaurant features local ingredients and seasonal menus. The fitness center overlooks Union Square.
Guestrooms at Taj Campton Place feature featherbeds, and down duvets and pillows. Bose CD players are bedside. Limestone-tiled bathrooms include Molton Brown toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Taj Campton Place Amenities
This downtown San Francisco hotel adjoins Union Square, with fashionable stores such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gump's, and Tiffany & Co. all within 3 blocks. A cable-car stop is a block away, and the theater district, financial district, and Nob Hill are within a half-mile.
The hotel's fitness center is on the 9th floor, overlooking Union Square and the surrounding neighborhood. Additional amenities include 24-hour room service, 4 large conference rooms (a total of 1,900 square feet / 176 square meters of meeting space), and event catering. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available 24 hours a day for a fee. The hotel welcomes pets for a surcharge. Taj Campton Place is a smoke-free property.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 110
- Number of floors - 15
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Express check-in
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Conference center
- Year Built 1981
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 1900
- Conference space size (meters) - 177
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( $12.50 USD ) , Wired high-speed Internet access ( $12.50 USD )
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Complimentary bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Cribs/infant beds available
Taj Campton Place Restaurant - French-inspired contemporary fare with a focus on fresh local foods. Seasonal Californian cuisine menus, with Mediterranean and spice route inspirations. The restaurant has a 1500-bottle wine list selected by a master sommelier. Refined setting with colorful collages by local artist; suspended, sculpted glass lamp evoking a giant orchid; and cream, gold, and chocolate-brown tones. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch. Tasting menus. The Taj Campton Place Restaurant was honored with One Star in the Michelin Guide 2013.
Taj Campton Place Bar - Club-like room outfitted with deep-auburn madrona wood and caramel-colored leather. Traditional and specialty cocktails, fine wines by the glass. Cocktail and wine service to late night. Bistro menu from late morning till late evening.
Overlooking Union Square and the surrounding neighborhood, the ninth-floor fitness center offers cardio machines, weight equipment, a TV, and complimentary water, fruit, and towel service.
One of the best ways to get an invigorating workout is simply by exploring this hilly city on foot. Nob Hill, Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, and other neighborhoods offer steep sidewalks and stairways, intriguing historic buildings, and stellar views. The colorful, raucous birds made famous in the movie The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill can sometimes be seen—and heard—in the trees along the Filbert Steps and the Greenwich Steps on the eastern face of Telegraph Hill. Other top choices for walking and running include the Embarcadero, Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
Taj Campton Place Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 15
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.50 (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.50 (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Taj Campton Place is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.