Availability: W Hotel San Francisco
Please enter your travel dates.
Wonderful Double Room
- Two Double Beds
Wonderful Room, 1 King Bed
- One King Bed
Spectacular King Room
- One King Bed
Cool Corner King Room
- One King Bed
Stylish accommodations in San Francisco's SoMa district
In SoMa by SFMOMA
Located in the trendy South of Market district (SoMa), the downtown hotel is adjacent to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA), across from the Moscone Center, and five blocks from Union Square.
Guests at this 31-story W Hotel enjoy wireless Internet in public spaces, Trace restaurant, and a 24-hour fitness center.
Best in bedding
W Hotel San Francisco's 404 guestrooms feature decor with Asian influences. Pillowtop mattresses are covered in Egyptian cotton linens, down comforters, and chenille blankets.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
W Hotel San Francisco Amenities
Guests at the W Hotel San Francisco can work out anytime at a 24-hour fitness center. The Hotel's Trace restaurant serves locally sourced and organic Californian cuisine. Guests can enjoy cocktails at the trendy Upstairs Bar & Lounge, located on the mezzanine level, overlooking the restaurant. Complimentary wireless Internet access is offered in public spaces. The business center has 6 computer workstations -including Macs and PCs - all with high-speed Internet access (surcharge).
- Spa services on site
- Concierge services
- Technology helpdesk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Secure parking
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-in
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Tour assistance
- Currency exchange
- Translation services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 31
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Beauty services
- Wedding services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 404
- Year Built 1999
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Pillowtop mattress
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Living Room Bar - The newly designed Living Room creates an inviting space to enjoy. The bar has a cozy fireplace which guests can enjoy as they have a cocktail, read a book or just relax. Live DJs provide a variety of lounge music Wednesdays to Saturdays.
Trace - Contemporary California meets French provincial at this culinary hot spot overlooking Third Street. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. A SoMa favorite of foodies, Trace offers a changing selection that includes a chef's tasting menu, and main courses made with regional ingredients. These might include hominy cakes with tomato salsa and creme fraiche, oven-roasted Fulton Valley chicken, spring greens ravioli, or fennel-cured beef tenderloin. Décor includes soaring ceilings, plush booths, and portholes of colored glass along one wall.
Upstairs Bar & Lounge - A chic bar located on the mezzanine level overlooking the restaurant. Serves cocktails and a la carte items made with seasonal ingredients.
The hotel offers a 24-hour fitness center with changing rooms and showers, free weights, and weight machines. Cardio equipment includes stair machines, exercise bikes, treadmills, and cross trainers, most of which come equipped with personal televisions.
The W hotel is located across the street from Yerba Buena Gardens, home to a children's playground, an ice-skating rink, and a bowling alley. The public-play Presidio Golf Course is located four miles from the hotel in Presidio State Park, and Lincoln Park Golf Course, which affords views of the Golden Gate Bridge, is five miles away. The Embarcadero waterfront walkway, one mile from the hotel, has a paved pathway for running, walking, and cycling.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
W Hotel San Francisco Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is Noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 62.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.