Book your room at BLUE Sydney - A Taj Hotel
Superior Wharf King
Superior Rafter King
Deluxe Pier View King
Deluxe Pier View Twin
Luxury Marina View King
Loft Suite Marina View
Loft Suite Pier View
Contemporary style meets history at boutique BLUE
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Set on a Woolloomooloo Bay pier, this contemporary boutique hotel is part of the transformed 1915 Finger Wharf's marina and entertainment complex, with views over Sydney Harbour; the city centre is 1 km west.
Once a cargo warehouse, BLUE Sydney now houses an indoor heated pool complemented by a fitness center. WiFi is free in common areas.
100 soundproof guestrooms have signature bedding. All rooms have high-definition LCD TVs, iPads, and wireless/wired high-speed Internet access for a surcharge.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
BLUE Sydney - A Taj Hotel
- The Overview
BLUE Sydney features an 17-meter (55.7-feet) indoor heated pool with adjoining relaxation deck and outdoor patio. The reception area is adjacent to a living room area, which features specially designed carpets, suspended lights and large reading lamps, and a harmonious blend of sofas, ottomans, and armchairs set against exposed corrugated iron and timbers from the original warehouse. Large timber barn-style doors open out to the pier during fair-weather days. A small complimentary video library, with an emphasis on Australian titles and Australian directors, is located at reception. Reading material is also provided on loan. Blue Sydney - A Taj Hotel is completely smoke-free.
Several computer stations are located at various levels throughout the hotel and offer complimentary Internet access. 2 conference/function rooms can be booked for small events. Secure covered parking and valet service are available for a surcharge. This hotel also offers an airport shuttle with 24-hour advance notice. Child care can be arranged for a fee.
Business services: 4 flat-screen computers and printers are set up around the hotel: near reception (with a scanner), on level 3, and at 2 stations on level 4. 24-hour access is complimentary. Secretarial services such as photocopying and faxing are provided for a surcharge by reception.
Internet access: Complimentary high-speed Internet access is available at the 4 computer stations and in the function rooms. Wireless Internet access is available in the Water Bar, Blue Café, and in the reading room/reception area.
Conference/function room(s): 2 function rooms include a ground-floor room with natural light and theater-style seating for up to 50, a boardroom-style room, and a second-level room that seats 14 comfortably. Pre-function areas are also available. Customised audiovisual and communications systems are available in all function areas and include projection systems, motorised screens, large-scale video, video conferencing, and computer rental. Surcharges apply.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Marina on site
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Spa tub
- Technology helpdesk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Airport transportation - drop-off (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Total number of rooms - 100
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Medical assistance available
- Tour assistance
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Video library
- Number of floors - 5
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet point
- Computer station
- Laundry facilities
- Concierge services
- Shopping on site
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 2690
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 250
- Secure covered parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Secure covered parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- The Room
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- DVD player
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Soundproofed rooms
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Bathtub or shower
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- MP3 docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- The Eats
BLUE Café - Located in the hotel's central atrium. Breakfast/brunch café open daily from early to late morning. Specializing in hearty breakfasts, gourmet coffee, and fine Australian fare.
Water Bar - Listed among the Top 10 Bars in the World by Condé Nast Traveler in 2003. This bar features tea-light candles and is outfitted with rich brown lounge chairs, oversized ottomans, and cushions. Clever and functional art screens are positioned between some settings. Open daily from late afternoon until late.
A room charge-back option is available at Manta, Otto, China Doll, Aki's, Criniti's, and Kinsleys Steak & Crabhouse.
24-hour room service available.
- Out and About
Nearby are many recreational choices including the scenic foreshore walking/jogging track in the Royal Botanic Gardens (0.5 km away) which runs all the way from Mrs. Macquarie's Chair to the Sydney Opera House. Opposite BLUE is the Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool (via 1 km walk), offering sweeping views of the harbour.
The recreational activities listed below are available nearby; fees may apply. See the front desk for more information.
An 18-metre indoor heated pool is located on the lower ground level, with adjoining male/female change rooms, in addition to a deck with reclining chairs, and an outdoor patio.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Playground nearby
- Swimming on site
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for BLUE Sydney - A Taj Hotel
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 30.00 for adults and AUD 15.00 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 15.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 40.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 50.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- We Should Mention
Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- BLUE Sydney - A Taj Hotel is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
This property does not have an official STAR Rating from AAA Tourism Pty Ltd. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.