Book your room at Capitol Square Hotel Sydney
Historic hotel close to Chinatown
Close to train station
Located in the Haymarket area of Sydney, the Capitol Square Hotel is on the border of Chinatown, three blocks from Central Station and within a light-rail train ride of Darling Harbour.
Nearest Transport Options
Classified by the National Trust, this historical hotel offers the old-world design of a European hotel combined with contemporary amenities such as an automated bar machine in the lounge.
Outfitted with key-activated climate control to save energy, the 94 guestrooms also include refrigerators, complimentary coffee/tea making facilities, writing desks, and Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Registered by the National Trust, this historic hotel offers conveniences such as a breakfast room overlooking neighboring Capitol Theatre and an automated bar machine in the lounge area. Complimentary newspapers can be found in the lobby. Wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas for a surcharge. The hotel also offers a roundtrip airport shuttle for a fee.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 94
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 5
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wired internet access (20 AUD per 24 hours surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Digital TV service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Terrace Restaurant - Located on the second floor overlooking the historic Capitol Theatre, it is the perfect place to start the day.
Daily Breakfast Opening Hours: Monday to Friday - 6:30 AM to 10 AM; Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays - 7 AM to 10:30 AM.
The property does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.
Paddy Maguire's Irish Pub
Nearby Things to Do
The Capitol Square Hotel offers discounted use of a health club located on the corners of Pitt and Hay Streets, behind neighbouring Capitol Theatre. The Royal Botanic Gardens, which offer a walking/jogging path that runs throughout the gardens and along Sydney Harbour, are 1.5 km from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
No pets or service animals allowed
- Breakfast fee: AUD 19 for adults and AUD 9.50 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 20 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 30
- Deposit: AUD 100 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.