Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room
Standard Queen Room
Standard Twin Room
Historic hotel close to Chinatown
Close to train station
Located in the Haymarket area of Sydney, the Capitol Square Hotel is on the border of Chinatown, three blocks from Central Station and within a light-rail train ride of Darling Harbour.
Classified by the National Trust, this historical hotel offers the old-world design of a European hotel combined with contemporary amenities such as an automated bar machine in the lounge.
Outfitted with key-activated climate control to save energy, the 94 guestrooms also include refrigerators, complimentary coffee/tea making facilities, writing desks, and Internet access.
Registered by the National Trust, this historic hotel offers conveniences such as a breakfast room overlooking neighbouring Capitol Theatre and an automated bar machine in the lounge area. Complimentary newspapers can be found in the lobby. Wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas for a surcharge. The hotel also offers shuttle service to airport on request.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation - drop-off (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 94
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 5
- Computer station
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Luggage storage
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Digital TV service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Terrace Restaurant - Daily breakfast buffet available 7-10 AM (surcharge). Discounted by AU$5 (subject to change) if pre-purchased at the front desk the night before.
The property does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.
Paddy Maguire's Irish Pub
The Capitol Square Hotel offers discounted use of a health club located on the corners of Pitt and Hay Streets, behind neighbouring Capitol Theatre. The Royal Botanic Gardens, which offer a walking/jogging path that runs throughout the gardens and along Sydney Harbour, are 1.5 km from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Swimming nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club, JCB International
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 19 for adults and AUD 9.50 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 20 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: AUD 2 (for 20 minutes, rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 30
- Deposit: AUD 100 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Official Australia STAR Rating provided by AAA Tourism Pty Ltd
AAA Tourism Pty Ltd assigns an official STAR Rating for accommodations in Australia. This Hotel property is rated 3.5 stars.