Availability: YHA Tauranga - Backpacker
Please enter your travel dates.
4.5-star eco-friendly hostel in Tauranga with free parking
Situated near the beach in Tauranga, this eco-friendly hostel is close to Tauranga Art Gallery, Robbins Park, and The Elms Mission House. Also nearby are Memorial Park and Tauranga South Bowling Club.
YHA Tauranga - Backpacker provides wireless Internet access (surcharge), laundry facilities, free parking, and a garden.
Guestrooms include separate living rooms, wireless Internet access (surcharge), separate dining areas, and shared bathrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
YHA Tauranga - Backpacker Amenities
YHA Tauranga - Backpacker features tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and a garden. Public areas are equipped with high-speed wireless Internet access (surcharge). For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests. This eco-friendly hostel also offers laundry facilities and a television in the lobby. Complimentary parking is available on site.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 11
- Number of floors - 1
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Airport transportation
- Laundry facilities
- Free parking
- Luggage storage
- Beach sun loungers
- Free outdoor parking
- Year Built 1960
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free outdoor parking
- Room Amenities
- Shared bathroom
- Separate dining area
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Separate living room
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
YHA Tauranga - Backpacker Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 1:00 PM
Check-in time ends at 7:30 PM
Special check-in instructions:
This hotel’s reception is open daily from 8:30 AM to 2 PM and 4 PM to 7:30 PM.
Guests arriving after 7:30 PM are requested to contact the property in advance to request an access code to enter the building. The contact number can be found in the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is 10:00 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Only service dogs are allowed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 5 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD 5 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: NZD 30 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: NZD 30 (roundtrip), (from 1 to 17 years old)
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Qualmark Green, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Backpacker property is rated 4 star plus and is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.