Please enter your travel dates.
Twin Room with Shared Bathroom
4.5-star eco-friendly hostel in Tauranga with free parking
Situated near the beach in Tauranga, this eco-friendly hostel is close to Robbins Park, The Elms Mission House, and Memorial Park. Also nearby are Tauranga South Bowling Club and Tenpin Tauranga.
YHA Tauranga provides wireless Internet access (surcharge), laundry facilities, free parking, and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).
All guestrooms include wireless Internet access (surcharge), high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), and shared bathrooms.
YHA Tauranga features tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and a garden. Public areas are equipped with high-speed wired and wireless Internet access (surcharge). This eco-friendly hostel also offers laundry facilities and a television in the lobby. Complimentary parking is available on site.
- Total number of rooms - 10
- Number of floors - 1
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Free parking
- Luggage storage
- Beach sun loungers
- Free outdoor parking
- Year Built 1960
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free outdoor parking
- Room Amenities
- Shared bathroom
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Swimming nearby
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 1 PM
Check-in time ends at 7:30 PM
Special check-in instructions:
This hotel’s reception is open daily from 8:30 AM to 2 PM and 4 PM to 7:30 PM.
Guests arriving after 7:30 PM are requested to contact the property in advance to request an access code to enter the building. The contact number can be found in the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Only service dogs are allowed
Caters to singles
Caters to couples
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Additional towels/sheets fee: NZD 1 per stay
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Qualmark Green, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Backpacker property is rated 4 star plus and is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.