Availability: Base Magnetic Island Hostel
Dormitory Room - 6 BedsMax Occupancy: 6 adults
Shared Dormitory, Women only - 8 BedsMax Occupancy: 6 adults
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, Shared Bathroom, Ocean ViewMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, Ensuite, Ocean ViewMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Dormitory Room - 8 BedsMax Occupancy: 8 adults
Waterfront hostel with an outdoor pool
Within easy reach of Magnetic Island National Park, this Magnetic Island hostel is located by the sea and on the beach. Area attractions also include Horseshoe Bay Beach and Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal.
In addition to a restaurant, Base Magnetic Island Hostel features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and a nightclub.
In addition to wireless Internet access (surcharge), guestrooms feature air conditioning along with shared bathrooms and ceiling fans.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Base Magnetic Island Hostel Amenities
The hostel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with high-speed wired and wireless Internet access (surcharge). This beach hostel also offers an outdoor pool, a nightclub, and tour/ticket assistance. Onsite parking is complimentary.
Base Magnetic Island Hostel has designated areas for smoking.
- Total number of rooms - 30
- Number of floors - 1
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Designated smoking areas
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Tour assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Free parking
- Pool table
- Year Built 2004
- RV, bus, truck parking
- Self parking
- Number of buildings/towers - 30
- Swimming pool - outdoor
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Self parking, RV, bus, truck parking
- Room Amenities
- Shared bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Access via exterior corridors
- Daily housekeeping
- Shower only
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Base Magnetic Island Hostel has a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Scuba diving nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Swimming on site
- Snorkeling nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Base Magnetic Island Hostel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at noon
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 10 AM
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Minimum guest age is 18
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
Cash Deposit Required
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 10.00 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 10.00 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: AUD 10.00 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Deposit: AUD 20 per stay
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
This property does not have an official STAR Rating from AAA Tourism Pty Ltd. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.