Please enter your travel dates.
Luxurious slopeside hotel with a full-service spa
Nestled on the slopes, this ski-in/ski-out hotel in Zermatt is near Sunnegga Ski Resort winter activities such as cross-country skiing and toboggan run. Local attractions also include Schwarzsee and Gorner Ridge.
Ski into Hotel Matthiol, where you can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge, eat a meal at the restaurant, and enjoy comforts including a spa tub and a full-service spa.
Televisions come with cable channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, iPod docking stations, and premium bedding.
Renovations & Closures
- The property is closed between 15 October and 14 December.
After a day on the slopes, indulge in a treatment at the full-service spa or soothe your muscles in the spa tub. Hotel Matthiol helps provide the perfect ski vacation with ski storage and ski passes. At the end of the day, order après-ski drinks at the hotel's bar.
The hotel offers a restaurant. A complimentary breakfast is offered each morning. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury hotel also offers a health club, a sauna, and a steam room.
Hotel Matthiol is a smoke-free property.
- Luggage storage
- Train station pickup (complimentary)
- Multilingual staff
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Ski-in/ski-out access
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Full-service health spa
- Steam room
- Smoke-free property
- Room service (limited hours)
- Computer rental
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Ski storage
- Free breakfast
- Currency exchange
- Total number of rooms - 23
- Number of floors - 3
- Babysitting or childcare
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Health club
- Year Built 2009
- Ski passes available
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Wake-up calls
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Window opens
- Down comforter
- Individually decorated
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe
- iPod docking station
A complimentary hot/cold buffet breakfast is available each morning in the restaurant between 8:00 AM and 11:30 AM.
Onsite dining venue - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required in the winter.
In-room dining choices include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light snacks, available from room service (during limited hours).
Recreational amenities at the hotel include ski-in/ski-out access, a health club, a spa tub, and a sauna. Other recreational amenities include a steam room and a fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Running track/path nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Snowboard park nearby
- Ski lessons available nearby
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
- Toboggan run nearby
- Skiing - alpine nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa. Services include Swedish massages, massages, and waxing. This garden view spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub, and Turkish bath/hammam.
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Garden view from spa
- Swedish massage
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests should contact the hotel before arrival to arrange pick-up. Guests arriving after 10 PM are required to do so for check-in arrangements. Please use contact information provided in the confirmation email received after booking.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 2.1 per person, per night for adults; CHF 1.05 per night for guests aged 6-12 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 7 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Pet fee: CHF 20 per night
- In-room childcare fee: CHF 25 per hour, per child
- Rollaway bed fee: CHF 100 per night
- Additional Details
Guests must transfer via required shuttle to the property. Guests must contact the property at least 24 hours before travel, using the contact information on the confirmation received after booking. This property offers transfers from the train station. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.