Availability: Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
Vancouver boutique hotel across from Pacific Centre
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Ideal downtown locale
Overlooking Pacific Centre mall, this downtown Vancouver luxury hotel is 2 blocks from Robson Street's chic shops, 3 blocks from the theater district, and 7 blocks from Gastown.
Guests of the Metropolitan Hotel can relax around the indoor atrium pool, exercise in the fitness center, or dine at the elegant Diva at the Met, an acclaimed restaurant featuring Northwestern specialties.
Metropolitan Hotel's 197 guestrooms feature contemporary furnishings, down duvets and premium Italian linens, marble bathrooms, minibars, and free wired and wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver Amenities
Built under the guidance of a Feng Shui master—Foo dogs guard the entrance—the 18-story Metropolitan is an intimate boutique hotel with a keen interest in privacy and security, much appreciated by business and film-industry guests. Families like the kid-friendly attitude that includes delivery of milk and cookies to guestrooms.
This downtown Vancouver hotel is ideally situated in the center of Vancouver's business district, across from Pacific Centre Mall, 2 blocks from Robson Street's chic shops, 3 blocks from the theater district, and 7 blocks from Gastown. A Canada Line station a half-block away offers easy access to Vancouver International Airport.
The hotel is approximately an hour via public transit from Grouse Mountain, offering skiing in the winter and ziplining in the summer. Other nearby activities include jogging, ice skating, and boat cruises.
The hotel features a business center, secretarial services, and extensive meeting facilities. Wired and wireless Internet access are complimentary.
This is a smoke-free property.
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 83959
- Room service (24 hours)
- Indoor pool
- Fitness facilities
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Express check-out
- Ski storage
- Business center
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 18
- Babysitting or childcare
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 197
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Express check-in
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- iPod docking station
Diva at the Met - The hotel's award-winning restaurant has a 600-entry wine list. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, it specializes in contemporary Canadian cuisine using fresh, seasonal regional ingredients. Longtime menu favorites include wild sockeye salmon, smoked Alaskan sablefish, and cinnamon-smoked duck. Decor is elegant—marble and original art abound—but guests are welcome to come as they are.
In addition to its own health and recreation facilities, which include a fitness center, squash court, and 40-foot indoor pool and spa, hotel staff can arrange excursions to some of the region's finest golf courses, including Westwood Plateau and Furry Creek on the Sea to Sky Highway. Running trails are nearby and the concierge can arrange for bike rentals. The start of the Vancouver seawall, a 19-km (12-mile) paved pedestrian pathway, is 4 blocks from the hotel. The hotel is approximately an hour on public transit from Grouse Mountain, where guests can enjoy winter sports and ziplining during warmer months.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Racquetball/squash on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 19
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: CAD 40.66 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 40.66 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: CAD 30.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 30.00 per day
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. This property allows pets in specific rooms only. Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.