Availability: Best Western Hotel Cavalletto e Doge Orseolo
Classic Room, 1 Double or 2 Single BedsMax Occupancy: 2 adults, 1 child
Hotel in Venice's San Marco neighborhood near St. Mark's Basilica
By gondola station
Adjacent to Venice's largest gondola station in a basin constructed for the noble Orseolo family's palace, this hotel steps from the famous St Mark's Square traces its history to the 10th century.
At Best Western Hotel Albergo Cavalletto e Doge Orseolo, guests can summon a gondola to the dock, surf the Internet for free, and book tours at the concierge desk.
Venetian-style guestrooms feature Murano-glass chandeliers and pastel decor; all are air-conditioned and come with flatscreen televisions, complimentary wireless Internet access, minibars, and safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Best Western Hotel Cavalletto e Doge Orseolo Amenities
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel. At Best Western Hotel Albergo Cavalletto e Doge Orseolo, concierges are available to make restaurant recommendations and reservations and offer tour advice.
Breakfast is served daily (surcharge), and airport shuttle service is provided with advance notice (surcharges may apply).
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (limited hours)
- Total number of rooms - 107
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Television in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 5
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Concierge desk
- One meeting/conference room
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Tour assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
b Bar del Doge /b - Lounge with terrazzo floor, leather club chairs, mirrored columns, and window views of gondola basin. Open for snacks and drinks from mid-morning to late night. br br The hotel does not contain a restaurant, but guests receive a 10 per cent discount at Ristorante La Colomba, which is 100 metres away and owned by the hotel's owner. A gathering place for artists since the 1940s, La Colomba exhibits contemporary paintings and features a ceiling painted by Renzulli, a widely known Venetian artist. br br b Other nearby restaurants: /b br Do Forni br La Caravella
The Lido, a slender, 11-kilometre-long island facing the Adriatic Sea lies a 15-minute water-bus ride east of historical Venice's centre. In summer it becomes the city's playground, when beaches and water sports draw visitors and Venetians alike. Year-round, visitors rent bicycles to explore the island, take horseback rides, and play golf, tennis, and volleyball. Deep-sea fishing is available in the Adriatic Sea.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
Best Western Hotel Cavalletto e Doge Orseolo Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property (check Mandatory Fees and Taxes section for fee details). This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. A 30% reduction applies for 2014: from 1 to 31 January and from 1 to 31 December.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2 per night for guests aged 11-15 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 15.00 per person (approximately)
- Additional Details
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.