Book your room at Hotel Danieli
Deluxe Lagoon View room
Luxury Lagoon View room
Lagoon View Suite
"Historic Venice hotel, steps from Piazza San Marco"
Near St. Marks Sq
This historic Venice hotel, dating from the 14th century, is located on Riva degli Shiavoni overlooking the Venice lagoon and 100 metres from St. Mark's Square and Doge's Palace.
Guests of the Hotel Danieli can enjoy culinary creations inspired by Venice's historic role as the crossroads between East and West, combined with panoramic views of Venice and the lagoon.
Venetian-style guestrooms, some with lagoon views, offer air conditioning, high-speed Internet access, flat-panel TVs, safes, and Italian marble bathrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Hotel Danieli consists of three interconnecting palaces, including the 14th century gothic Dandolo Palace, the baroque 19th century Casa Nuova, and the recently refurbished in 2008, Palazzo Danieli Excelsior. Guests can take advantage of privileged access to private beaches, water sports, tennis, and golf in season, and indulge in in-room spa treatments. Afternoon tea and cocktails are offered at Bar Dandolo. Guests can close the day with dinner at Restaurant Terrazza Danieli and the reflections of Venice all around.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Banquet facilities
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 225
- Number of floors - 4
- Babysitting or childcare
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wedding services
- Concierge desk
- Event catering
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- One meeting/conference room
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- In the room
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspaper
- Pay movies
- Eat and drink
Restaurant Terrazza Danieli - Located in an intimate and romantic setting on the top floor of Palazzo Danieli Excelsior. Serves cuisine inspired by Venice's historic role as the crossroads between East and West, combining the rich history of the Serenissima with panoramic views of Venice and its lagoon. Outdoor dining is available on the panoramic terrace from May or even earlier, weather permitting, until October.
Bar Dandolo - Set in the grand hallway of the hotel, the bar offers afternoon tea, snacks, drinks and cocktails, and guests can enjoy live music during the evenings.
Bar Terrazza Danieli - Outdoor setting on the top floor of Palazzo Danieli Excelsior, open from June to September from 3 PM until 6:30 PM, weather permitting. Offers panoramic views of the lagoon and Venice, and serves snacks, fresh drinks, fruit, and classic cocktails.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
The Fine Print for Hotel Danieli
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property (check Mandatory Fees and Taxes section for fee details). This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. A 30% reduction applies for 2014: from 1 to 31 January and from 1 to 31 December.
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Your pets
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. 30% reduction applies from 1-31 January and from 1-31 December.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 11-15 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 52 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: EUR 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- We Should Mention
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. This property offers transfers from the cruise terminal, airport, and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 2 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- Hotel Danieli is listed in the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.