Please enter your travel dates.
Classic Double or Twin Room - Special 2 nights
- One Double or Two Twins
Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Special 2 nights
- One Double Bed
Junior Suite - Special 2 nights
- One Double Bed
Junior Suite, Lagoon View - Special 2 nights
- One Double Bed
Luxury hotel with canal entrance in the heart of Venice
Near Piazza San Marco
Overlooking the sea and San Marco basin with a private canal entrance, this luxury hotel is located in the heart of historic Venice, steps from Piazza San Marco and within 1.5 km (1 mi) of Ca'd'Oro.
Awarded restaurant, bar
Guests of Hotel Metropole can dine at the awarded restaurant, enjoy afternoon tea and sip cocktails at the Oriental Bar, wander through the citrus garden, and peruse antiques in the in-house gallery.
Hotel Metropole's 67 air-conditioned guestrooms are individually decorated with antique furnishings and include satellite TV, direct-dial phones, safes, and en suite bathrooms with showers or bathtubs.
Opulently decorated with period furnishings and precious fabrics, Hotel Metropole features a citrus garden with al fresco dining in the Summer and an in-house gallery with 2,000 antiques including fans, evening bags, and nutcrackers. Guests can arrive via water taxi at the 5-star hotel's private canal entrance.
The luxury hotel offers an awarded restaurant offering Traditional and Contemporary cuisine, a Morocco-inspired Oriental Bar, and a cellar with great choice of wines and champagnes. For a surcharge, guests can enjoy a rich buffet breakfast and afternoon tea. The 24-hour front desk and concierge desk have multilingual staff. Business-friendly and banquet facilities. Wireless Internet access is available free of charge with own laptop in all public areas and rooms or for a surcharge in the lobby by using the business point.
Hotel Metropole is a smoke-free hotel.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 67
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 4
- Banquet facilities
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Internet point
- Computer station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Designated smoking areas
- Airport transportation
- Luggage storage
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- One meeting/conference room
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Room service (limited hours)
- Year Built 1800
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Tour assistance
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Medical assistance available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Bathroom phone
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Handheld showerhead
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Window opens
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Climate control
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
A rich buffet is available every morning in the Breakfast rooom, open from 7.00 to 10.30.
Met Restaurant - Awarded Restaurant offering Traditional and Contemporary Cuisine. Closed on Mondays.
Oriental Bar - Large windows overlook the lagoon from this Morocco-themed bar. Lunch and light fare are served along with signature cocktails and aperitifs. Afternoon tea includes 30 leaf blends and pastries. The resident DJ plays music on Friday evenings.
Cytrus Garden - For al-fresco dinings, light meals or cocktails this is the perfect ambience where to relax until late.
Room service is available during scheduled hours.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Dock on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property (check Mandatory Fees and Taxes section for fee details). This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. 30% reduction applies for 2013: from 1 to 31 January and from 1 to 31 December.
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in kg is 5/6
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
Debit cards not accepted
Early departure fee charged
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 11-15 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 28.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: EUR 8 per hour (rates may vary)
- Pet fee: EUR 30 per room, per night
- Additional Details
Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.