Book your room at Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal
Please enter your travel dates.
Classic Double or Twin Room - Room Only
Superior Double or Twin Room - Room Only
Exclusive Double Room, Terrace - Room Only
Junior Suite with partial city or courtyard view - Room Only
Venice hotel near Piazza San Marco
Facing Grand Canal
Located on the Grand Canal across the water from Santa Maria della Salute church, this 99-room Venice hotel also lies just 150 meters (164 yards) from St Mark's Square.
Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal has a restaurant and bar; guests also enjoy exploring a restored 17th-century palazzo encompassed by the hotel.
Guestrooms with either traditional or contemporary decor contain premium bedding, marble bathrooms, bathrobes, satellite TV, minibars, safes, and complimentary wireless Internet connections.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal
Spacious and quiet, the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal's lobby exemplifies the hotel's blend of contemporary and traditional. An enclosed entrance courtyard contains columns and a molded ceiling, while elevators display a Renaissance-era Grand Canal scene. Two conversation/reading areas include bookshelves, a glass ceiling, a glass-enclosed garden, a classic Italian wellhead, plentiful potted greenery, a collection of rustic artisan's stools, and mosaic-tile panels created by a noted Italian artist.
Open for guests to explore when they are not being used for parties and meetings, the restored Sala del Ridotto (assembly room) and eight salons surrounding it glow with color, frescoes, marbles, mirrors, and stucco moldings--all virtually indistinguishable from the original 17th-century palazzo's rooms that were depicted in many treasured Venetian paintings.
Business-friendly amenities include 24 hours business center and complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. The hotel staff speak fluent English.
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 99
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange
- Tour assistance
- Audiovisual equipment
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 4
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Internet point
- Computer station
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Room service
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Snack bar/deli
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 690
- Year Built 1800
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 7427
- Shopping on site
- Conference center
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
- In the room
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Turndown service
- Shower/tub combination
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Direct-dial phone
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Complimentary newspaper
- Private bathroom
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Eat and drink
Ristorante Grand Canal - Fine-dining and canal-side terrace with umbrella tables featuring view of 17th-century church, Santa Maria della Salute, across mouth of Grand Canal. Italian/Venetian menu and children's menu. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Bar, open morning to midnight, serves sandwiches, salads, minestrone, smoked salmon, salmon-swordfish tartare, cocktails, espresso.
A buffet breakfast (American) is served each morning in the hotel's restaurant from 8 AM to 10:30 AM.
24 hours room service is also available.
The Lido of Venice, the slender, 11.5-km-long (7.25-mile) island facing the Adriatic Sea that lies a 15-minute waterbus ride east of central Venice, is the city's playground, especially in summer when beaches and water sports draw visitors and Venetians. Year-round, visitors rent bicycles to explore the island, play golf, or take horseback rides. Aside from fishing in the canals, the central city offers little in the way of recreational opportunities. Deep-sea fishing is available in the Adriatic Sea.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests who book 5 or more rooms should contact the hotel for special instructions regarding policies and supplements. Contact information is provided in the reservation confirmation email.
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property (check Mandatory Fees and Taxes section for fee details). This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. A 30% reduction applies for 2014: from 1 to 31 January and from 1 to 31 December.
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2 per night for guests aged 11-15 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): EUR 10.00 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: EUR 9.00 (rates may vary)
- We Should Mention
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. One child 2 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal is listed in the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.