Please enter your travel dates.
- One Double or Two Twin beds
- One Queen Bed
Giglio Prestige Room
- One Double and Two Single Beds
- One King Bed
16th-century palazzo turned Venice luxury hotel
On the Grand Canal
Overlooking Venice's Grand Canal, with views of Santa Maria della Salute across the water, Hotel Gritti Palace is a 5-minute walk from both the world-famous Teatro La Fenice and Piazza San Marco.
Selected for the Condé Nast Gold List, 2012
This lavish 16th-century palazzo features fine dining at the Club del Doge restaurant. Guests can take in views of Venice from the terrace overlooking the Grand Canal.
Hotel Gritti Palace features 82 unique guestrooms with antique furnishings, Murano glass fixtures, and rich silks. Rooms also offer high-tech amenities such as wired and wireless Internet access (surcharge) and satellite TV.
Built as a palazzo in 1525 and having completed renovations in 2013, this Venice luxury hotel features privileged access to the Venice Lido. With Murano glass chandeliers, hand-made stuccoes, and peach marble, the Club del Doge restaurant provides fine Italian dining in an elegant setting. Guests can dine on the terrace overlooking the Grand Canal, when the weather permits. In addition, room service is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The meeting room featuring antique paintings, Venetian mirrors, and gold-leaf wooden ceilings provides 120 square meters (1291 square feet) of space and is available for events and receptions.
The Clefs d'Or concierge will organize private dinners, business services, and sightseeing, including helicopter tours of Venice. The School of Fine Cooking at Hotel Gritti Palace offers small group culinary lessons with the executive chef. A personal shopping service, door-to-door luggage delivery, and packing services are all available on request. With advance reservations, massages and spa treatments are available. A 24-hour fitness facility is provided. Wireless Internet access is offered for a surcharge. With advance notice, the hotel can arrange an airport shuttle.
- Total number of rooms - 82
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- One meeting/conference room
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1291
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 120
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Banquet facilities
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Medical assistance available
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Direct-dial phone
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Shower/tub combination
- Handheld showerhead
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Daily housekeeping
- Pay movies
Club Del Doge Restaurant - Decorated with Murano glass, marble and hand-made stuccoes, this romantic restaurant serves a range of Mediterranean and Venetian specialties including duck ravioli with foie gras and pan-fried sea bass with tomato confit. During the summer, guests can dine on the Bellavista Terrace overlooking the Grand Canal.
Bar Longhi - Serving a range of snacks, drinks and cocktails in an intimate setting decorated with 18th century paintings, marble and Murano glass.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property (check Mandatory Fees and Taxes section for fee details). This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply, subject to submission of proper documents to the property, to patients, their companions and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties. 30% reduction applies for 2013: from 1 to 31 January and from 1 to 31 December.
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet maximum weight in kg is 5
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 11-15 years old. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): EUR 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: EUR 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 125 per day
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Gritti Palace, Venice is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.