Availability: The Fairmont Empress
Please enter your travel dates.
Fairmont Gold Courtyard View
Fairmont Gold Harbour View
Historic hotel on Victoria waterfront with spa
On scenic harbor
Overlooking the Inner Harbour, this landmark hotel is within steps of shop-lined Government Street and the copper-domed Parliament Buildings, and three blocks from the Maritime Museum.
Since its inception in 1908, The Fairmont Empress has been offering an elaborate traditional afternoon tea service in the majestic Tea Lobby. Afternoon tea has been served to royalty, celebrities, and travelers from around the globe.
Standard features of Fairmont Empress guestrooms include antique furnishings, armchairs, down duvets, ceiling fans, floral bedspreads and accent pillows, and signature bathrobes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Fairmont Empress Amenities
The famed Empress Hotel, now a member of the esteemed Fairmont chain, has been offering its guests premier service and amenities since the hotel first opened its doors in 1908. Guests enjoy the use of an atrium pool, hot tub, sauna, fitness center, and the award-winning Willow Stream Spa.
Business services—including faxing, printing, and photocopying, as well as "light" secretarial services—are available, and a business center in the reception lobby has a computer with high-speed Internet access (surcharge). Wireless Internet access is also available in the lobby (surcharge).
A scheduled airport shuttle is also available for a surcharge. The property features an onsite garage parking (surcharge) and valet parking is available.
- 24-hour front desk
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 8
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 477
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 914932
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Currency exchange
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Full-service health spa
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Technology support staff
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Children's club
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Picnic area
- Room service (24 hours)
- Year Built 1908
- Number of restaurants - 4
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 85000
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 33
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Technology helpdesk
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
- Wedding services
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Ceiling fan
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Water view
- City view
The Empress Dining Room - Ornate tapestries, landscape art, a carved mahogany ceiling, and live harp music set an elegant mood in this fine-dining restaurant offering breakfast and dinner daily. Signature dishes include wild British Columbia sockeye salmon paired with root vegetable gratin, and garlic-rubbed rack of lamb with kalamata olive gnocchi. A spa menu with lighter fare is also featured. The wine list has 500 entries, and wine pairing is a specialty. Reservations required.
Bengal Lounge - Leather furnishings and a tiger skin set the mood in this colonial-style lounge famous for its curry buffet lunches and dinners, and its longtime status as one of the city's premier meeting spots. Live jazz on the weekends. Extensive martini list.
Afternoon Tea in the Lobby - A tradition in Victoria for almost a century, the Fairmont Empress's tea service features tea, pastries, sandwiches, strawberries, and clotted cream served in the hotel's original lobby complete with palm fronds, carved ceilings, antique furnishings, and views of the picturesque Inner Harbour.
Guests at the Empress work out in a fitness center equipped with three treadmills, two elliptical trainers, two exercise bikes, strength-training machine, and free weights. The gym overlooks a 60-foot atrium pool located next to a children's wading pool and a hot tub. Fitness center changing rooms have showers, toiletries, towels, lockers, and saunas.
Bicycle and watercraft rentals are available across the street at Victoria's scenic Inner Harbour. Hotel staff can provide guests with running maps, water bottles, and towels. Flightseeing tours and whale-watching excursions depart from docks in the harbor.
The hotel is two blocks from Beacon Hill Park, an expansive facility with walking and running trails, a petting zoo, tennis courts, and magnificent views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the distant mountains of the Olympic Peninsula.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near this downtown Victoria hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Dock nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Swimming on site
- Whale-watching on site
- Playground nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Bungee jumping nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
Willow Stream Spa has been ranked within the top 5 spas in Canada by Conde Nast and was the reader's choice for Black Press' Best of the City.
Willow Stream Spa has 11 treatment rooms, including couples treatment rooms. Offerings include massage, aromatherapy, body scrubs, body wraps, and hydrotherapy. Manicures and pedicures are also available.
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The Fairmont Empress Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 14.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: CAD 14.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per night
- Additional Details
Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The Fairmont Empress is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.