Book your room at Austria Trend Hotel Rathauspark
Historical 19th century Vienna hotel near Hofburg
Built in 1882 and one-time home of author Stefan Zweig, this renovated 4-star hotel sits just a few steps from the famous city square Rathausplatz. Hofburg Palace and the Museum Quarter are close by.
Hotel amenities include complimentary high-speed Internet access, a breakfast room, and a cozy lounge where guests can enjoy afternoon tea with Viennese coffee, cakes, and Austrian sparkling wine.
The hotel's 117 guestrooms feature contemporary decor, desks, and armchairs. Guests enjoy minibars and complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Built in 1882 and completely renovated in 2004, the Austria Trend Hotel Rathauspark is located in what was once a historical city palace, and an apartment building that was home to Austrian writer and pacifist, Stefan Zweig. The hotel sits on a quiet street between the Rathaus (City Hall) and the famous Burgtheater. This centrally located hotel is convenient to public transportation and is close to the Governmental Quarter, embassies, and offices of national and international companies.
Two blocks away, the Rathausplatz (a park that fronts City Hall) is the site of year-round cultural events. In summer, an open-air opera festival includes complimentary performances on several stages. In winter, the trees are decorated with lights, and vendors at stalls offer crafts, foods, glühwein, and punsch (hot alcoholic drinks).
An area shuttle (surcharge) is available. The hotel offers tour assistance, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and laundry facilities. Room service is offered during limited hours.
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Conference space size (meters) - 45
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 117
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 6
- Conference space size (feet) - 484
- Smoke-free property
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Express check-in
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Year Built 1882
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Soundproofed rooms
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
Breakfast room - Walls display folk art, and cabinets are filled with Viennese artifacts. Banquettes line the walls; armchairs surround white-linen clad tables. Serves a breakfast buffet using regional products with a wide selection of cereals, yogurts, fruits, and hot and cold dishes. The menu includes: roasted bacon, egg dishes, fruit and vegetable juices, Viennese coffee, and assorted tea selections.
Lobby lounge bar - The Rathauspark's lobby lounge bar, open 24 hours a day, invites guests to lean back and linger with a cup of coffee, a cocktail or a light snack.
Nearby Things to Do
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 16 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 20 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 23 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: EUR 10 per night
- Late check-out fee: EUR 50
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 20 per night
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Executive Room Offer
Book a stay in an Executive Room category for travel anytime and receive the following:
- Complimentary early check-in from 10 AM
- Complimentary late check-out until 3 PM
- Voucher for a welcome drink
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Austria. This property is rated 4 stars.