Please enter your travel dates.
- One Queen Bed
- One King Bed
- Two Twin Beds
- One King Bed
Luxury hotel in city center near Vienna Opera House
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia© Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Heart of Vienna
Standing on Ring Boulevard at the heart of Vienna, this luxury hotel is adjacent to the Ringstrassen-Galerien Shopping Mall and close to the Vienna Opera House, Kärntner Straße, and St. Stephen's.
4 restaurants, bar
Originally built by the renowned architect Carl Tietz, the Grand Hotel Wien features 4 restaurants, a lobby lounge, and cocktail bar along with a 24-hour fitness room, and concierge.
LCD TVs, soaking tubs
Decorated in classic Viennese style, the Grand Hotel's 205 guestrooms feature marble bathrooms with deep soaking tubs, LCD televisions with HD channels, and high-speed Internet access.
Originally built by the renowned architect Carl Tietz as a maison meublée and opened as a hotel in 1870, the pet-friendly Grand Hotel Wien occupies a large yellow-and-beige building with columns, balustrades, and a wrought-iron portico. The hotel offers a roundtrip airport shuttle and train station pick-up for a surcharge, babysitting for a surcharge, luggage storage, and event catering. There is a conference center on site as well as shopping. Guests can choose from 4 restaurants including the Japanese-style Unkai, and Le Ciel, a French restaurant. This luxury hotel also offers a lobby coffee lounge and cocktail bar. Based on a secret Viennese recipe, the Guglhupf is baked on site and guests can enjoy the cake at the hotel or purchase it to bring home.
This 5-star hotel offers a 24-hour fitness room with cardio machines and a jogging track.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Conference center
- Shopping on site
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Room service (24 hours)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Computer rental
- Audiovisual equipment
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Secretarial services
- Total number of rooms - 205
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Number of floors - 7
- Hair salon
- Currency exchange
- Medical assistance available
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Grocery store
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wedding services
- Health club
- Free Wi-Fi
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 4
- 24-hour business center
- Self parking
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Self parking, Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Pay movies
- Double sink
- Complimentary bottled water
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Voice mail
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom scale
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Handheld showerhead
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Sewing kit
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Trouser press
- In-room safe
- Clock radio
- Welcome amenities
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Satellite TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Soundproofed rooms
- LCD TV
- City view
- Courtyard view
Le Ciel - Located on the 7th floor and offering spectacular city views, the gourmet restaurant serves classic French cuisine with Austrian flavors. The rooftop terrace is open for dining during the summer. Lunch and dinner are served. Closed on Sunday.
Grand Café - The lobby restaurant serves traditional Viennese cuisine. All-day dining includes buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with champagne brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Unkai - Located on the 7th floor, the authentic Japanese restaurant includes 2 Teppanyaki tables and 2 private dining rooms. Open for lunch and dinner along with sushi brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Closed on Monday.
Unkai Sushi - Located on the lobby level, the modern sushi bar is open daily for lunch and dinner. An outdoor terrace is open during warmer months.
Rosengarten - The elegant lobby lounge serves drinks and snacks throughout the day. Piano music is performed each evening. The Schanigarten outdoor terrace is open during the warmer months.
Kavalierbar - Located on the lobby level and offering views of the Ringstrasse, the cocktail bar features cozy seating and serves classic drinks. Open early evening until late night. Closed on Sunday and closed each August.
24-hour room service is offered.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a health club and a fitness facility.
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express American Express, Diners Club Diners Club, JCB International JCB International, MasterCard MasterCard, Visa Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Maximum number of pets per room 2
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- All citizens of Austria will be charged the national value-added tax
- Breakfast fee: EUR 32 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 45 (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 29 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 29 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: EUR 30 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 75 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 75 per night
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Grand Hotel Wien is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Austria. This property is rated 5 star.