Book your room at Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
Superior Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Superior Double Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Luxury Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Luxury Double Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 3 children)
Junior Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Suite, 1 King Bed (Prestige)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Get an overview of this hotelFrench-inspired luxury accommodations near the White House
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Located on Lafayette Square bordering the White House, this French-inspired hotel in Washington, DC, is within walking distance of the National Mall, Vietnam Memorial, and the Smithsonian Museum.
The French-inspired Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square has a 24-hour business center, 6 meeting rooms, and a fitness center. Dining venues include the ICI Urban Bistro and the stylish Le Bar.
Rooms feature feature SoBed - a luxurious feathertop and duvet sleep system. Spacious marble bathrooms have separate tub and rain showers, robes, slippers, and luxurious French toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Once hailed as Le Petit Grand Dame in the early 1900s, the historic Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square combines original French architecture and grandeur with modern convenience. Located on the corner of Lafayette Square near the White House, the hotel offers 6 meeting rooms that carry the names of Parisian landmarks and districts.
A 24-hour business center and wireless Internet access are available to guests as well as a fully equipped fitness center. ICI Urban Bistro serves fresh and contemporary French cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 24-hour room service is also available. The trendy and chic Le Bar serves specialty cocktails and light fare.
The Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 12
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Total number of rooms - 237
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Year Built 1999
Family Friendly Amenities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Refrigerator (on request)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Wired internet access ( 16.95 USD )
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Free bottled water
- Free newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Pay movies
- Pillowtop mattress
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Turndown service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
iCi Urban Bistro - Contemporary American cuisine with a French twist. Seasonal outdoor terrace. Breakfast and dinner daily, lunch weekdays.
Sample menu for iCi Urban Bistro
Le Bar - Off the lobby, this popular watering hole is a meeting place for DC power brokers. Generously sized armchairs and sofas invite patrons to relax and partake in the French art of conversation. Open from early afternoon until late evening.
Sample menu for Le Bar
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square offers room service 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children under 11 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 16.95 (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 48.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per night
We should mention
Up to 3 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.