Book your room at Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
Please enter your travel dates.
The art of French living in the Nations' Capital
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
1 Block from Lafayette Square, the White House, and McPherson Square Metro, this French-inspired hotel downtown Washington DC is within walking distance of National Mall, Vietnam Memorial, the Holocaust Museum and the Smithsonian.
The stylish Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square offers a wood-paneled mini-library, 6 meeting rooms, a business center, a fitness center, the French/American iCi Urban Bistro, and the locally popular Le Bar.
Rooms feature feature SoBed - a luxurious feathertop and duvet sleep system. Spacious marble bathrooms have separate tub and rain showers, robes, slippers, and luxurious French toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
- The Overview
Once hailed as Le Petit Grand Dame in the early 1900s, this historic building and landmark retains much of the historic grandeuer and french architecture to date when its doors opened to the public in 2002.
Located 1 block from Lafayette Square (named after Marquis de Lafayette) and the White House, the hotel offers 6 meeting rooms that carry the names of Parisian landmarks (Bastille) and districts (Montmartre). A business center provides complimentary use of a computer station with high-speed Internet access. The mini-library off the lobby has plush red-velvet seating and books on travel destinations, interior design, art, fashion, and lifestyle.
iCi Urban Bistro, the French-styled American bistro is a poplular lunch spot with a seasonal outdoor terrace. Evenings are more relaxed and a leisurely dinner menu is inspired nightly by the creative Chef Franch Locquet. The trendy and chic Le Bar serves innovative cocktails and light fare. Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Guests can stay up-to-date and well hydrated while working out at the hotel's fitness center, which offers treadmills with plasma TV screens, as well as complimentary bottled water and fruit.
The Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is a smoke-free property.
- Fitness facilities
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (24 hours)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Business services
- Multilingual staff
- Security guard
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 12
- Translation services
- Tour assistance
- Audiovisual equipment
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 237
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Year Built 1999
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- The Room
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- The Eats
iCi Urban Bistro - Contemporary American cuisine with a French twist. Seasonal outdoor terrace. Breakfast and dinner daily, lunch weekdays.
Sample menu for iCi Urban Bistro
- Pan-Seared Sea Scallops
- Onion Soup Gratinée
- Frisée and Watercress Salad
- Sautéed Maine Lobster
- Prime NY Steak and Frites
- Wild Mushroom Risotto
- Chocolate Fondant
- Brisk Coconut Parfait Bomb
- Apple 'Tarte Tatin'
Le Bar - Off the lobby, this popular watering hole is a meeting place for DC power brokers. Generously sized armchairs and sofas invite patrons to relax and partake in the French art of conversation. Open from early afternoon until late evening.
Sample menu for Le Bar
- Crab Cake Salad
- Baby Spinach Caesar Salad
- Cheese Plate
- Chicken and Roasted Vegetables
- Roast Beef
- Ham and Cheese
- Chicken Satay
- Smoked Shrimp Quesadillas
- Lobster and Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Jefferson (Frïs Vodka, Grand Marnier, Black Raspberry Liqueur, Sweet and Sour Mix)
- Moët & Chandon, Brut, Imperial Rosé
- Viognier, Zaca Mesa, Santa Ynez, 2000
- Château Greysac, Médoc, France, 1999
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square offers room service 24 hours a day.
- Out and About
- Ice skating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The Fine Print for Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per night
- We Should Mention
Up to 3 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.