Availability: The Hay-Adams
Superior RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 infant)
Deluxe Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior Double RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Washington, DC grande dame on Lafayette Square
Call it Washington's second-best address if you must, the Hay-Adams is nonetheless the grande dame of DC hotels; it sits across from the city's best address and, perhaps, shares some of its secrets.
The Hay-Adams, which was built in 1928 and renovated in 2002, offers 24-hour room service, valet parking, and a business center.
Guestroom niceties at The Hay-Adams include Frette luxury linens, canopy headboards with dimmer lighting, marble and brass bathrooms, and turndown service. High-speed Internet access is complimentary.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Hay-Adams Amenities
The Hay-Adams in Washington, DC offers a distinguished address across Lafayette Square from the White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall.
Amenities include a complimentary 24-hour business center, 24-hour room service, and banquet facilities.
- Room service (24 hours)
- Total number of rooms - 145
- Year Built 1928
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Babysitting or childcare
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 8
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- 24-hour business center
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Turndown service
- Free local calls
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Climate control
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Dial-up Internet access (complimentary)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Lafayette Room - Contemporary American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and Sunday brunch. Dinner Monday through Friday evenings. The Hay-Adams' Lafayette Room is elegant and sunny.
Off the Record Bar - Classic American dishes for lunch and dinner. The décor includes red-plush booths and walls decorated with caricatures of current political players—the drawings are changed regularly.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
The Hay-Adams Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Only dogs are allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in kg is 11, Pet maximum weight in lb is 25
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 49 per day (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through LivClean Eco-Stay Program thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.
- The Hay-Adams is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.