Book your room at InterContinental Wellington
Deluxe Room, Multiple Beds
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
Intercontinental, Club Room, 1 King Bed
5-star luxury hotel in Wellington near Wellington Cable Car
This luxury hotel is located in the heart of Wellington, walking distance from Museum of Wellington City and Sea, Wellington Cable Car, and Civic Square. Also nearby are Old Government Buildings and Carter Observatory.
In addition to 2 restaurants, InterContinental Wellington features an indoor pool. Other amenities include 24-hour room service and a porter/bellhop.
In addition to air conditioning and climate control, guestrooms feature safes along with minibars and coffee/tea makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 1 October 2013 to 31 August 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
The hotel will be renovating from 15 June 2014 to 31 August 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Select guestrooms
Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Dining venue
In addition to an indoor pool, InterContinental Wellington provides a health club, a spa tub, and a sauna. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. This 5-star property offers access to secretarial services and small meeting rooms.
6 meeting rooms are available. This luxury hotel also offers multilingual staff, concierge services, and laundry facilities. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 231
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 8
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Laundry facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 6
- Secretarial services
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
- Health club
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Spa tub
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- In the room
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Eat and drink
Contemporary Chameleon - This restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Tex-Mex Arizona Bar - This restaurant serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for InterContinental Wellington
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: Visa, American Express, JCB International, MasterCard
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between NZD 28 and NZD 34 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 29.90 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD 10 (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 35 per night
- Deposit: NZD 100 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 75 per night
- We Should Mention
Pet policy - Guide dogs permitted.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Qualmark Green, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 5 stars.