Book your room at James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
Terrace RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Double Room (Lambton)Max Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Twin Room (Lambton)Max Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Premium RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests
Club Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 infant)
Suite, 1 BedroomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Run Of HouseMax Occupancy: 2 guests
4.5-star luxury hotel in Wellington near Wellington Cable Car
Situated near the airport, in the city center, this luxury hotel is close to Wellington Cable Car, Central Library, and Beehive. Also nearby are Carter Observatory and Civic Square.
In addition to 2 restaurants, James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor features a fitness center. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and a conference center.
LCD televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
At your hotel
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 4.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities include a conference center and conference space. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and coffee/tea in the lobby. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is a smoke-free property.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 268
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Number of floors - 14
- Meeting rooms
- Luggage storage
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference center
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (24 hours)
- 24-hour business center
- Year Built 1972
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( 19 NZD /24 hours surcharge ) , Wired high-speed Internet access ( 19 NZD /24 hours surcharge )
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Park your car
Long-term parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
In your room
- Air conditioning
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room massage available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Eat and drink
Breakfast is available for a surcharge and served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Whitbys Restaurant - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Sojourn Cafe and Bar - This café serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
The fine print for James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
A credit card imprint is required at check-in. If a valid credit card cannot be produced, a $100 NZD cash bond must be paid at check-in.
When you leave
Check-out time is 11 AM
How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Breakfast fee: NZD 31 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 19 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): NZD 19 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD - (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 27 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 50 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 4 star plus and is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.