Book your room at James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
Please enter your travel dates.
Double Room (Lambton) - Room Only
- 1 king
Twin Room (Lambton) - Room Only
- 1 double and 1 single
Premium Room - Room Only
- 1 king
Club Room, 1 King Bed - Breakfast Included
- FREE Breakfast
Breakfast is included in your stay.
- 1 king
4.5-star luxury hotel in Wellington near Wellington Cable Car
Situated near the airport, in the city center, this luxury hotel is close to Wellington Cable Car, Central Library, and Beehive. Also nearby are Carter Observatory and Civic Square.
In addition to a bar/lounge, James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor provides a coffee shop/café, a conference center, and a 24-hour business center.
LCD televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
- The Overview
The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 4.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, secretarial services, and audiovisual equipment.
High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and coffee/tea in the lobby. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is a smoke-free property.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Total number of rooms - 268
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Audiovisual equipment
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Number of floors - 14
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 8
- Conference center
- Secretarial services
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Year Built 1972
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- The Room
- Air conditioning
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room massage available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- LCD TV
- The Eats
Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Whitbys Restaurant - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Afternoon tea is offered.
Sojourn Cafe and Bar - This café serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Afternoon tea is offered.
24-hour room service is available.
- Out and About
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Swimming nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Playground nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
A credit card imprint is required at check-in. If a valid credit card cannot be produced, a $100 NZD cash bond must be paid at check-in.
Check-out time is 11 AM
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: NZD 31 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 19 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): NZD 19 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD - (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 27 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-in fee
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 50 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- We Should Mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in EarthCheck Silver Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 4 star plus and is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.