Availability: James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
Terrace RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Run Of HouseMax Occupancy: 2 guests
Twin Room (Lambton)Max Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Double Room (Lambton)Max Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Premium RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests
Club Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 infant)
Suite, 1 BedroomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
4.5-star luxury hotel in Wellington near Wellington Cable Car
Situated near the airport, in the city center, this luxury hotel is close to Wellington Cable Car, Central Library, and Beehive. Also nearby are Carter Observatory and Civic Square.
In addition to 2 restaurants, James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor features a fitness center. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and a conference center.
LCD televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor Amenities
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 4.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and small meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities include a conference center and conference/meeting rooms. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and coffee/tea in the lobby. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is a smoke-free property.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 268
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Number of floors - 14
- Meeting rooms
- Luggage storage
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Conference center
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (24 hours)
- 24-hour business center
- Year Built 1972
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( $19.00 NZD /24 hours surcharge ) , Wired high-speed Internet access ( $19.00 NZD /24 hours surcharge )
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Long-term parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room massage available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Breakfast is available for a surcharge and served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Whitbys Restaurant - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Sojourn Cafe and Bar - This café serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
A credit card imprint is required at check-in. If a valid credit card cannot be produced, a $100 NZD cash bond must be paid at check-in.
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Special policies:A credit card imprint is required at check-in. If a valid credit card cannot be produced, a $100 NZD cash bond must be paid at check-in.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: NZD 31 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 19 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): NZD 19 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD - (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 27 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 50 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in EarthCheck Silver Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 4 star plus and is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.