Please enter your travel dates.
Run Of House
- One Double Bed
Club Room, 1 King Bed
- One King Bed
Twin Room (Lambton)
- One Double and One Single Bed
Double Room (Lambton)
- One King Bed
4.5-star luxury hotel in Wellington near Wellington Cable Car
Situated near the airport, in the city center, this luxury hotel is close to Wellington Cable Car, Central Library, and Beehive. Also nearby are Carter Observatory and Civic Square.
In addition to a full-service spa, James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor provides a bar/lounge, a coffee shop/café, and a conference center.
LCD televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities are closed seasonally each year. They will be closed from 20 December to 20 January:
- One of the dining venues
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor features a full-service spa and a fitness facility. The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
This 4.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, secretarial services, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. This luxury hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, coffee/tea in the lobby, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is a smoke-free property.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Total number of rooms - 268
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Audiovisual equipment
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service health spa
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Number of floors - 14
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 8
- Conference center
- Secretarial services
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Beauty services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Year Built 1972
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary newspaper
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Wake-up calls
- In-room massage available
- Sewing kit
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- TV Internet access (complimentary)
- LCD TV
Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Whitbys Restaurant - Overlooking the city, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Afternoon tea is offered.
Sojourn Cafe and Bar - This café serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Afternoon tea is offered. Some meals may not be served daily.
24-hour room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Swimming nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Playground nearby
Bodyhaven has 3 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include massages, facials, body treatments, and manicures and pedicures.
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
A credit card imprint is required at check-in. If a valid credit card cannot be produced, a $100 NZD cash bond must be paid at check-in.
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: NZD 31 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 26 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): NZD 26 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in limited public areas: NZD - (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: NZD 5 (for 20 minutes, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 50 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in EarthCheck Silver Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 4 star plus and is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.