BUILD YOUR TRIP
BUILD YOUR TRIP
TOGETHER WITH THE IGLTA
We've teamed up with the IGLTA to bring you LGBT-welcoming hotels from around the world.
THE BEST DEALSDELIVERED!
Get the latest savings by email
IT PAYS TO BOOK WITH EXPEDIA
Save up to $500 per trip by booking at the same time!
Get the best available price on your trip, every time.
Choose any single-carrier flight and save with no Expedia booking fees.
Change your plans if you need to, without all those extra fees.
GAY TRAVEL: NEW YORK CITY
The pulse-quickening pace of New York City provides gay travelers with an endless feast for the senses. See the endless sights by dayand party all night long. Culture, cuisine, and 24/7 excitement await in this bustling metropolis.
Where to StayGay hotels dot the city—but New York's gayest neighborhoods remain Chelsea, the East Village, and the West Village. Hell's Kitchen is a recent addition to that list. Search for New York City gay hotels »
RomanceIn almost any season, Central Park is a romantic epicenter. Stroll by Belvedere Castle, see Shakespeare in the Park, sunbathe in Sheep's Meadow, go ice skating during winter months, or indulge in a traditional carriage ride.
NightlifeThere's something happening 7 nights a week! Newly gay Hell's Kitchen has the hottest nightlife in New York. But gay travelers are encouraged to pick a gayborhood and simply do a pub crawl.
Things to Do
- Hit New York's top sights: Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Times Square, Central Park, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. They're considered can't miss for a reason!
- See a show! The TKTS booth in Times Square sells discounted Broadway tickets. Or, trek to Lincoln Center for opera, ballet, or the symphony.
- Embark on a 3-hour cruise to see Manhattan's many landmarks—including Lady Liberty—from the water.
- From funky boutiques to posh superstores, shopping is an art in New York. Try the shops in the East and West Villages. The art galleries in Soho and the Meatpacking District are justifiably famous.
- Summertime? Escape to Fire Island. LGBT-favorites The Pines and Cherry Grove combine beaches, natural beauty, and late-night clubbing.
- Explore all New York City activities on Expedia.
Know Before You Go
- Look for local gay publications for the latest and greatest. Next is aimed at boys; Go NYC for girls.
- Buy a weekly subway pass—it's surprisingly cost-effective. The MTA's website has maps to help you plan your ride ahead of time.
- For security reasons, reserve your tickets to the Statue of Liberty online in advance.
- During the summer, native New Yorkers flee to Fire Island. Follow the party to this beach town.