Outside Alice Springs, the night skies of central Australia and the southern celestial sphere are remarkably clear. After a light supper, the Spirit of the Night Sky astronomer offers scientific fact blended with practical knowledge and cultural storytelling that’s both informative and entertaining. It’ll also give you new perspective on our place in the universe.|
The Milky Way Café, 7 miles (12 km) from Alice Springs, is a unique venue dedicated to learning about the night sky. Escorted by the astronomer to the night sky viewing gallery, you’ll use powerful telescopes and binoculars to see the wonders of the heavens: craters on the moon, the rings of Saturn, stars being born, and neighboring galaxies.
After the presentation, you are welcome to relax in the Milky Way Café and enjoy a heavenly dessert (not included in tour price).
- Astronomer-led presentation about the southern skies
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Light supper with a choice of beverages
- Visit to the zodiac garden
- Admittance to gallery and use of telescopes
Departure time and location:
Meet at hotel reception, at 7:15 PM, May–September, or at 7:45 PM, October–April
Return time and location:
Drop-off at hotel reception, at approx. 10 PM, May– September, or at 10:30 PM, October–April
Children do not participate for free. After-presentation dessert is not included.
|After you book your activity, follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it iscritical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem one voucher per person.
Exchange your voucher for activity:
Reservation confirmation is required. Please contact your tour operator at least 24 hours in advance of your desired tour date to schedule a tour time and date. On the day of your tour, please present your voucher and photo identification at the address listed on your voucher(s).