Hear the excitement build as bidders compete for locally produced cheese in the cobblestone square of Alkmaar. See the special costumes of the 'cheese porters' and watch how the bill is tallied at the 14th century Weigh House.|
As you're driven through Schermerhorn, see thatched windmills in operation by the gentle canals and lush green countryside. You will have an opportunity to visit one of the windmills before making another stop at a cheese farm just outside Volendam. Here you can see the traditional methods of production and of course, sample the famous Edam cheese.
- Guided tour of Alkmaar and Schermerhorn
- Entrance to a cheese farm near Volendam
- Commentary available in English, German, French, and Spanish
- Roundtrip transportation by coach
Approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes
Departure time and location:
9:45 AM; from Lindbergh Travel Office, Damrak 26, 300 metres (900 feet) from Central Station
Return time and location:
2:15 PM; to Lindbergh Travel Office, Damrak 26, 300 metres (900 feet) from Central Station
Participation is complimentary for children ages 3 and younger.
|After booking your tour, simply follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation email or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Take all vouchers with you.
3. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; you must exchange one voucher per person.
How to exchange your voucher(s):
Please bring your voucher to the departure point, Lindbergh Travel Office, Damrak 26, at 9.25 AM to ensure the tour starts on time. The full departure address will appear on your voucher.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to two days before the scheduled start of your trip. The scheduled start of your trip is defined as your hotel check-in date, your departure date of the originating flight, or the date of the Activity if the Activity was booked without a flight or a hotel.|