Once the site of many fierce battles, the now peaceful town of Naarden rests on an unusual 12 pointed star fort, whose shape is based on mathematical principles. As you approach the town you'll get an idea of the strength of this unusual defence system and enjoy views of the impressive moat.|
Absorb the lush Dutch countryside of polders and canals as you continue to the Gooi, 'the Garden of Amsterdam'. See the estates and castles, popular retreats for the wealthy in the 17th century; then stop for coffee and apple pie in the lakeside town of Loosdrecht.
- Guided tour of Naarden and the Gooi
- Stop for coffee and apple pie
- Round-trip transportation by coach
- Commentary available in English, Spanish, German and French
Departure time and location:
10 AM; Lindbergh Travel Office, Damrak 26, 300 metres (900 feet) from Central Station
Return time and location:
2 PM; same location as departure
Children aged 3 and younger participate for free. Lunch is not included in the listed price.
|After booking your tour, simply follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation email or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Take all vouchers with you.
3. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; you must exchange one voucher per person.
How to exchange your voucher(s):
Please bring your voucher to the departure point (Lindbergh Travel Office, Damrak 26) 20 minutes prior to the tour departure time to ensure the tour starts promptly. The full departure address will appear on your voucher.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to two days before the scheduled start of your trip. The scheduled start of your trip is defined as your hotel check-in date, your departure date of the originating flight, or the date of the Activity if the Activity was booked without a flight or a hotel.|