After crossing St Bénezet's Bridge, the inspiration behind the famous song Sur le Pont d'Avignon, head to the Pope's Palace. Step back in time to the days when Avignon was home to the heads of the Catholic Church; wander through 25 rooms in the Pope's Palace and discover magnificent cloisters and the papal apartment with its priceless frescoes. Finish at the Pope's Palace wine cellar, where you will sample four celebrated Côtes du Rhône wines. |
- Admission to the Pope's Palace
- Wine tasting at the Pope's Palace wine cellar
- A complimentary wine tasting
- Pre-recorded commentary at the Pope's Palace, available in seven languages
- Live commentary during the wine tasting, available in English and French
March 15–Nov. 1: 9 AM
Nov. 2–Dec. 31: 9:30 AM
The Pope's Palace
March 15–Nov. 1: 12 PM
Nov. 2–Dec. 31: 12:30 PM
Pre-recorded commentary during the tour of the Pope's Palace is available in English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, and Chinese. During the wine-tasting, commentary is available in English and French only. Children age 8 and younger participate for free.
|After booking your activities or services—3 easy steps|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Take all vouchers with you.
3. Follow the instructions on your voucher; you must exchange one voucher per person.
How to exchange your voucher(s)
On the day of your scheduled tour, please bring your voucher(s) to the Pope's Palace Square and present them to your guide. The full address will appear on your printed voucher.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to two days before the scheduled start of your trip. The scheduled start of your trip is defined as your hotel check-in date, your departure date of the originating flight, or the date of the Activity if the Activity was booked without a flight or a hotel.|