The more than 70 exhibits at the New England Aquarium contain almost every type of marine creature imaginable. Now see the Aquarium’s 21st-century transformation, featuring a spectacular new Caribbean coral reef teeming with more than 2,000 animals. The renovated 200,000 gallon Giant Ocean Tank features crystal clear views of sharks, sea turtles, stingrays, and thousands of tropical fishes.|
Your Aquarium adventure includes bustling penguin colonies, playful seals, and the smooth skin of a cownose ray gliding under your fingertips. Complete your journey with Penguins 3D in IMAX. The Aquarium is a treasure trove ready for exploration by families and ocean lovers right in the heart of downtown Boston.
- Admission to the New England Aquarium and all of its exhibits
- Guide maps in French, Japanese, Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, and German
- Simons IMAX® Theatre
- New England Aquarium Whale Watch
1 hour 30 minutes–2 hours
IMAX attendance will add an additional 45 minutes
Daily; Aquarium and IMAX® Theatre are closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Hours of operation:
New England Aquarium: Opens at 9 AM, closing hours vary seasonallySimons IMAX® Theatre: Opens at 10 AM, closing hours vary seasonally
Important booking tip:
- Children 3 and younger can attend at no additional cost.
- Minimum size for groups is 10.
|After booking your activities or services—3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; for each activity, you must redeem 1 voucher per person.
Reservations are not required for admission to the New England Aquarium, but you will want to reserve a time to attend the Simons IMAX® Theatre; please contact the Simons IMAX® Theatre in advance of your arrival. You can find contact details on your printed voucher.
Exchange your ticket at the Ticket Exchange window #6.
If you miss your timed entry, you will be put in the next available timeslot. It is possible that you will have to wait and the next available timeslot will not be the next immediate time. Visitors are encouraged to call the Reservations Department if they are running late to avoid this wait time.
Know Before You Go:
- From time to time, the Aquarium must implement timed ticketing during peak times. It is important your group arrives on time–if you will be late, please call the Reservations Office.
|Terms and conditions|
|Cancellations and Changes: This Activity can be changed or cancelled without penalty at any time prior to 48 hours before the date of the Activity.|