Montevideo, Uruguay's capital, was founded as a Portuguese colony 300 years ago. It is one of the few national capitals in the world surrounded by a ring of beaches and is renowned for both its beauty and superior air quality.|
The city is also touted as being home to many first-class singers and musicians of all styles. Montevideo also boasts both an official and independent theater circuit performing shows year-round. A gem worth checking out is Solis, a recently restored theater that is heralded as one of Latin America's best.
In old town Montevideo, cultural centers and museums dot the streets. Carnival and Candombe, 2 yearly festivals, make for lively street scenes.
5:30 AM–7 AM*: You will be picked up at your hotel lobby and driven to the ferry terminal. The driver will give you your boat tickets and voucher for the city tour.
7 AM*: Upon arrival at the ferry terminal you will check in with your boat tickets, fill the custom forms, and board the ferry.
8 AM*: Departure to Montevideo. The boat ride should take about 3 hours.
10 AM–11 AM*: Upon exiting into the main area of the terminal you will be greeted by a representative who will be holding a sign with your name on it. You will be shown to the sedan car for transfer to meet with your walking tour guide. Enjoy a 1 hour 30 minute guided walking tour in the historic “Old Town” of Montevideo.
Noon–12:30 PM*: You will have 2–2.5 hours of free time to enjoy lunch at the “Mercado del Puerto” (famous for its beef), shopping, walking the city, and exploring the nooks and crannies of Old Montevideo.
3 PM: You will meet the bus for your city tour at the “Mercado del Puerto” in front of the Museo de Carnival–it is the bright pink building (look for a white van).
5:30–6 PM*: Hotel and port drop-offs.
6 PM–7 PM*: Arrival at the port to depart back to Buenos Aires.
8 PM*: Depart for Buenos Aires.
11 PM–1 AM*: Arrival and transportation back to your hotel.
* These times are subject to change depending on the departure times of the ferry. You will be informed of any changes in your confirmation email.
- Guided walking tour
- Guided city tour
- Roundtrip transportation
- Ferry tickets
- Vouchers for all services
- Guided assistance during free time
Departure time and location:
Approximately 5:30 AM; from select Buenos Aires hotels
Return time and location:
11 PM–1 AM; to select Buenos Aires hotels
Important booking tip:
- Participants must be 11 or older.
- All individuals traveling from the United States, Canada, and Australia must bring their Reciprocity Fee receipt to present at customs.
|After booking your activity, simply follow these 3 easy steps:|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation email or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Follow the redemption instructions on your voucher; it is critical to do this before you depart.
3. Take all vouchers with you; you must redeem 1 voucher per person.
How to Redeem Your Voucher:
Confirm your reservation.
To confirm your booking details, please send an email within 48 hours of your tour date to confirm tour details, pick-up time, and hotel information. Please provide the following information in your email:
Complete name(s) and passport number(s) of all participantsDate of birth and nationality for all participants
You will receive a confirmation to the email address from which you submit. You can find contact details on your printed voucher. On the day of your tour, please present your printed voucher(s) and photo ID to the driver in exchange for service.
Know Before You Go:
- Hotel pick-up may occur as early as 5:30 AM and hotel return as late as 12:30 AM, depending on the time of the ferry.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
|Terms and conditions|
|Attractions and services cannot be cancelled. A voucher has no cash value and is non-transferable. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of a voucher will be granted once voucher has been issued. Refunds will not be issued for unused or partially used attractions or services. Availability and pricing for an attraction or service are subject to change without notice.|
Cancellations and Changes: Once booked, refunds are not available if canceled within 45 days of departure.