Built in the 4th century BC on the orders of Alexander the Great, Alexandria flourished as a cultural, intellectual, and political metropolis. It was here that Marc Antony and Cleopatra lived together, Erastothenes measured the circumference of the Earth, and the Julian calendar was invented.
You'll begin your tour of the city by visiting the Museum of Greco-Roman Antiquities and the Alexandrine Library. Follow your private guide to the catacombs of Kom el Shogafa, hewn into a cliff, and visit the medieval fort of Quaitbay, renowned for its spectacular sea views and built on the site of an ancient wonder of the world. Complete your day with lunch and a stroll around the gardens of Montazah Palace, once the summer resort of the Egyptian royal family.
- Private tour to Alexandria
- Admission to Alexandrine Library
- Admission to the catacombs of Kom el Shogafa
- Admission to Qaitbay fort
- Admission to Montazah Palace Gardens
- Admission to Roman amphitheatre
- Seafood lunch
- Private English-speaking guide
- Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned private car or minivan
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Departure time and location:
7 AM; the lobby of your hotel
Return time and location:
8 PM; your hotel
Tours operate with a minimum of two participants.
If you hold an American passport, please contact Elegant Voyage at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time of your tour (contact information is located on your voucher[s]). Local law requires American citizens receive an escort in the Sinai area. Elegant Voyage can provide French or Spanish-speaking guides subject to availability. Please call as far ahead as possible to arrange this. The customer service number will appear on your voucher(s). Beverages and gratuities are not included in the listed price. The order in which you visit the attractions may vary.
|After booking your activities or services—3 easy steps|
1. Print your voucher; locate the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail or in the My Trips/My Itineraries link on the site.
2. Take all vouchers with you.
3. Follow the instructions on your voucher; you must exchange one voucher per person.
How to exchange your voucher(s)
Please call Elegant Voyage at least 48 hours in advance of the day you wish to take the tour to arrange your pick-up location and time; the customer service number will appear on your printed voucher(s). Hotel pick-up and drop-off is available for hotels in Cairo only. Please present your voucher(s) to your guide upon hotel pick-up.